Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told I have a negative camber on my rear wheels. I was wondering if this is correctable and what is the best way? If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks!

-z

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Isn't that normal? Maybe I'm thinking of Toe adjustment or just not thinking at all. One of the, toe, caster, camber is not adjustable. I just can't remember which one.

Well that should do for good advice from Gonzo.... yup another day another great post. :4:

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Gonzo said:
Isn't that normal? Maybe I'm thinking of Toe adjustment or just not thinking at all. One of the, toe, caster, camber is not adjustable. I just can't remember which one.

Well that should do for good advice from Gonzo.... yup another day another great post. :4:
That is why I didn't say anything.....:2:

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Negative camber is normal on "performance" vehicles, and I don't believe it's adjustable on Nissan's.

·
Registered
631 Posts
VRSCA said:
You want some negative camber and here's why:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camber_angle
While that's true for performance cars on the Autobahn :))), I don't think it's really necessary on a daily-driver SUV. All it's going to do is wear the tire edges faster.

I had my alignment fixed 1 month after I purchased my MO -- it was off quite a bit. This is not uncommon -- new cars often have alignment problems. Nissan has a 12-month/12,000-mile "adjustment" period where things like alignment (which will adjust camber) are covered -- don't let your dealer tell you it's not covered.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! So for the 12000 mile adjustment, is that for just 1 adjustment or does it cover more than one during that period?

-z

·
Registered
631 Posts
Zanter said:
Thanks! So for the 12000 mile adjustment, is that for just 1 adjustment or does it cover more than one during that period?

-z
Your mileage may vary. :) Not all dealerships are created equal.

This is what I was told:

Nissan affords 12 months, 12,000 miles, whichever comes first as an adjustment "period" -- meaning that during this period adjustments are permitted to correct typically non-warranty issues that are a result of factory defect, not user abuse. Meaning -- if your alignment is off from the factory, they will adjust it -- but if you go in and demand a free alignment and it's obvious you've been bouncing around off-road, it's not covered. Repeated vists may be necessary, and covered, if the problem is not fixed properly and the owner is not operating the vehicle outside typical parameters to cause the problem to recur.

During the adjustment period the dealership will also fix things like door ticks, squeaks, rattles, etc., but depending on your dealer you might have to really be insistent. I have lots of problems with my local dealer -- but I'm kind of stuck since there's only one.

·
4,664 Posts
Hope it's better than the Maxima. Friend of mine was chewing up tires like crazy on his Max so he took it to another friend that does this for a living and they could not bring it into Nissan spec with the adjustments. They got it closer and he saw an immediate improvement.

First time I've seen it brought up about the Murano...

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Wow, I'm actually pleasantly surprised the MO has adjustable camber. I guess it's that extra 2 minutes of negative camber on the SE that makes it handle so well :2:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Halo said:
Wow, I'm actually pleasantly surprised the MO has adjustable camber. I guess it's that extra 2 minutes of negative camber on the SE that makes it handle so well :2:
Yeah camber is generally not adjustable on a non-independent suspension. Thats why all 4th and 5th Maximas which had the rear beam axles had non adjustable rear camber. The 6th gen max has IRS and has adjustable rear camber again.

A good shop will try to adjust your alignments specs to optimal settings. A cheap shop will get them "within specs" - i.e. as long as its in the allowable range, they won't touch it.

·
5,268 Posts
Before and after - alignment results

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
So how did it feel in comparison?

·
5,268 Posts
Good!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts