Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only driven the Mo for a 2 minute test drive and never tried going in reverse. Now that i see more Mo's on the street i am noticing that the rear window looks awfully small. Does it hinder visibility when trying to back up? Is that why there was an option of a rear view camera? There are a lot of little kids on my street. I would hate to miss seeing one when backing out of the driveway!

·
4,601 Posts
I've not found it to be a problem, but you are higher than a car, so you can't see as low as one. Same problem in any SUV. Or even a minivan, for that matter.

Even the rear side windows haven't been a problem. I find they look worse than they are.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
That is the reason why i installed the autopark backup sensor...

Cheap mod and really2 helpful. Saved the MO several times while backing up, mostly when my GF is driving the murano.
One of the best $50 i have spent.

If you are willing to spend the money, buy the rear backup sensors that sits in the bumper. You can install it yourself or pay someone to do it.

Either way, a backup sensor will help.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I have not had a problem but I had someone hit me from behind and needed some body work to the rear bumper. While in the shop I order a backup sensor from Ebay and had them install it...

I would never get a car without of these little gems. I have kids too and worry about the same not to mention that it great when parking.

Otherwise I would not complain or have anything bad to say about the rear window in the MO. Like any new car it takes a little while to get used to it but then its fits like a glove.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It looks small, but it has never been a problem. Plus the side view mirrors are fantastic. The MO doesn't have a blind spot, at least not for me. But my wife says it's freaky how much I can see to the sides.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Like you, we most have our side view mirrors set correctly... as I've never really had a car with a blind spot with all mirrors are set correctly.

IMHO its not the size of the MO's side mirros but the fact that they have a good amount of room to adjust. I've driven some cars and they didn't adjust to the point where I needed it to.

Remeber, you shouldn't see your own car in the side view mirror... it turns out that your car is always there. :4:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Remeber, you shouldn't see your own car in the side view mirror... it turns out that your car is always there.
CUTE!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts