Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Murano was the victim of a crime last night. Someone threw a brick through the back window which destroyed the window, showered the interior of the vehicle with glass and damaged the back of the rear seat. Although I don't know who did it, I'm pretty sure it was retaliation for my thwarting two graffitti artists the week before.

Honestly, I could care less about the window or the money I'll shell out for the insurance deductible. The thing that upset me was that the police weren't willing to dust the brick for finger prints (which is still in the rear of the car - untouched by me). I explained to the officer what had happened the week before and reasoned that if it was one of the people I confronted there was a chance they might already have a police record and it would be worth making the effort to see if there were prints on the brick.

They refused to examine the brick. I get the fact that they might not have been able to get a print off of a brick but the refusal to try left me feeling victimized twice.

Cops suck.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Yeah, coming from California, I find the cops will not do anything if no one was injured.

It is unfortunate you were the victim of vandalism. No good deed ever goes unpunished. :(

·
Registered
120 Posts
I sympathize. The worst thing is that you probably have much to lose if you beat those two assholes up and they complain. Sometimes it sucks to be a good citizen.

If it makes you feel any better, life will probably teach them a lesson in manners, sooner or later.

·
4,664 Posts
With an attitude like that, they're likely to meet up with bad news on their own... Remember, trash hangs with trash, so something stuipid is bound to happen to them.

It does suck when the police refuse to track this stuff though. Imagine the difference it would make to the judge, when they finally do get charged with something, if there's some history.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sorry about the Damage to the MO.:(
However, in defense of the Cops. it is not possible to get any type of print from a brick. Yes it would have made you feel better, but its of no value to the Police.

I have been a Cop for 13 years now. I have taken a butt load of Damage to property reports.
I have had such an instance where a brick was used. In order to make the owner feel better. I took the brick as " evidence". I then placed it in our special evidence can in the parking lot :)
It sucks when this crap happens. However, most Police departments view these reports as " Insurance reports".

J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts