Nissan Murano Forum banner

HOW SOON AFTER PURCHASING YOUR MURANO DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THAT SPRINKLER?

• I knew it right away!

Votes: 45 65.2%
  • I found it on the 1st day!

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Took me a couple of weeks...

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Took me a couple of month...

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • How? There is one?!?!?

Votes: 2 2.9%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my MO for about 4 months by now and i definitely like it. :D The funny thing is that i still keep discovering various nice features it has.

Just last week i found out that MO actually has a rear glass wiper sprinkler! :29: I had been almost sure MO did not have one. But then i had to give somebody a ride and was waiting for her having nothing to do.. so i looked at the wipers lever closer and .... there it was! :roadtrip:

In most of the cars, you need to rotate the lever, not push it forward -- that's what had confused me in the first place.

So my question is HOW SOON AFTER PURCHASING YOUR MURANO DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THAT SPRINKLER?

:2:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Took me a few days actually... most cars just push fwd....

·
4,664 Posts
Found it the first time I got in a demo... I push and twist everything, especially when it's not the one I'm buying.:p

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I got mine at night so it was actually the first day...when I had light.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I once drove a station wagon, so the controls were familiar to me. Its usually push forward on the wiper stalk (unless you have a GM I think, then the controls are backwards and unintuitive, esp the cruise!).

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Oh! AND, I thought "Find out about" meant when Grippee squirted me with it as I was standing in the rear of the MO cleaning the window.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hmm never actually looked for it. I assumed it didn't have irrigation. I'll have to look for that. :claphead:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I must have missed it in the manual, but is there a separate resevoir for the rear washer fluid?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
samwlee said:
I must have missed it in the manual, but is there a separate resevoir for the rear washer fluid?
Its the same reservoir, used for both the front and back. The same pump drives the front and rear jets too, just different valves.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sprinkler

I knew it existed from day one. Haven't had to use it for a while, but when it came to it -- I knew how to use the wiper, but had to go into the manual to find out how to work the sprinkler.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Have to admit, it took me a year to find it! And of course, I found it by accident. This is my first SUV though, so I wasn't sure what to look for. All makes sense now!

Funny though, I was always complaining that it didn't have one!

Lil' Bit :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I actually read the car manual so I knew about it.
I don't know why but I like reading manuals I guess I feel like I'm going to miss something if I don't do it...

·
4,664 Posts
You learn things reading the manual... It's shorter than learning them here, but not as much fun!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I still have to learn from trial and error too.
Sometimes the manual just doesn't tell me enough about the functions. Case in point is the feature about locking the car after 1 to 5 min. I gotta search this forum to find out what that is all about b/c even though I set it nothing happens. I must be doing something wrong.

·
5,268 Posts
I know my IQ is below 100, so forgive me a question: what sprinkler are you guys talking about? :8:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Kris said:
I know my IQ is below 100, so forgive me a question: what sprinkler are you guys talking about? :8:
You can pump window washer fluid out onto the back window, like you do on the front the window. Only thing is, the pump kinda dribbles the fluid down the back window rather then throw it up on it... like the front window. No biggie, still works well I think.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts