Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can this be done? This mod was done on my Audi A4 (but originally it had 1-Touch down operation and a 1 touch up was added)

http://www.obdtool.com/onetouch/

Could this be done on our beloved cars?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I want it, MAYBE JAAK can tell US

My G35 does it, so maybe???

·
4,664 Posts
Not without changing parts.... The rear window regulators don't have the capability to do this, and I don't know that the controller would co-operate, even if they did.

·
5,100 Posts
Oh well, it was nice of you to tell us. Don

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have it as part of my alarm so it can be done

·
5,100 Posts
PLEASE TELL ME MORE. WHOes ALARM MAYBE WE CAN BUY THE WINDOW PORTION FROM THEM? THANKS Donps i emailed the Audi guy he only has a Ausi setup.

·
Registered
542 Posts
well it is a Clifford alarm but I know that they get their parts from Directed Electronics. I know it is some type of module that makes it possible because I had to pay extra for them. Contact any alarm shop they should be able to tell you if it can be done. I would say if the first one says it can only be done with the alarm you should try another shop because they may just be saying that to try and sell you the alarm. I also got my doors to automatically lock when I start to drive as part of my alarm as well.

·
4,664 Posts
jaycen29 said:
I have it as part of my alarm so it can be done
The question I answered is if they can be modified to work like the front ones. Controlling them remotely is different. Having a device tell the windows to go up, or down, is as simple as bridging the switch contacts with relays, just like the door locks.

But to make it so you press the button momentarily and have the window completely open, or close, requires the rear actuators be changed to be identical to the front, or another circuit that would emulate that action.

So to answer the original question, no you can't just add a wire and make it work, like on the Audi.

Having other devices control them, is a different story.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hmmm...sorry I dont know much about electronics, but they do work from the front controls as one touch up/down not only from my remote. I did go out and check and they dont work from the rear controls ( I never sit in back so I didnt know) so I'm not sure if it is possible to make them work from there, but like I said it does work from my driver side controls and that is all I really care about. :D

·
5,100 Posts
That will satisify me so I'll check it out thanks, Don

·
4,664 Posts
jaycen29 said:
Hmmm...sorry I dont know much about electronics, but they do work from the front controls as one touch up/down not only from my remote. I did go out and check and they dont work from the rear controls ( I never sit in back so I didnt know) so I'm not sure if it is possible to make them work from there, but like I said it does work from my driver side controls and that is all I really care about. :D
Sounds like a well done system!

·
5,100 Posts
Clifford , Viper Etc. Have a unit (they Say) that can do the job, They are sending details, let you know if you have buy their alarm. I told them I have the Factory alarm unit and only want the rear window unit and would be happy if just the drivers buttons will do all positions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts