Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Who needs titles?
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my rear wiper blade... Any thoughts on a good aftermarket that will be easy to install?

I just replaced the fronts with RainX brand complete assemblies and wish i did this months ago, they are fantastic!

·
Love to live w/ MO
419 Posts
go to a local nissan dealer. the wiper was 8.99$ CDN and the manual recommends having a nissan guy installing it (no charge). although the guy at my dealership had no clue what to do with it, i just asked him to take the older blade out and slide in the newer one, just like the front wipers. Unlike the front wipers, you actually get the full wiper with assembly but its hard to get the older one out while the cover is still intact.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had the same experience as hassanbhutta....the Nissan guy had no clue...even admitted that he had never changed one on a Murano. I gently pointed out to him that the replacement wiper came with printed instructions for the removal of the old wiper and the installation of the new one. Perhaps it would help if he read them first. He was very appreciative of my suggestion...I could tell by the way he scowled at me.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
roylevitt said:
I need to replace my rear wiper blade... Any thoughts on a good aftermarket that will be easy to install?

I just replaced the fronts with RainX brand complete assemblies and wish i did this months ago, they are fantastic!
What are the advantages over the OEM blads/blader holder?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
go to a local nissan dealer. the wiper was 8.99$ CDN and the manual recommends having a nissan guy installing it (no charge)

How come no charge hasaanbhutta?
Just wondering???
:confused:
Bob1

·
Love to live w/ MO
419 Posts

How come no charge hasaanbhutta?
Just wondering???
:confused:
Bob1
if you buy it from the dealership, they come out and replace it for you. at least here in Saskatoon. although i didnt buy my MO from them. but here is what the manual suggests

Contact your NISSAN dealer if checking or
replacement is required.

pg. 8-19 of Owner's Manual

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
They are just so friendly up there in Canada!
:)
Bob1

·
Registered
55 Posts
In case anyone is interested in upgrading their rear wiper assembly to the new '05 unit, read below:

I broke off the plastic cover off the bolt that holds the rear wiper assembly in place accidentally when pulling into the garage with the rear door open. I went to the dealership and they told me the part was a little over $4 to replace. However, since I heard on this site that they had upgraded the rear wiper, I decided to check out some '05 Muranos in the lot first and confirmed that the motor and connection for the wipers were identical between my '03 Mo and the '05's. I asked how much a new '05 wiper assembly would cost and they told me $20. I figured that since my rear wiper blade was a couple years old already (replacement cost $10), I might as well just replace the whole thing and get the "heavy duty" new rear wiper. However, when they got the unit it, no wiper blade was included. The guy there said "oh, no problem, just take the wiper blade off your current unit and put it on this one." So that night, I took off the old unit, and after beating up my hands trying the pry the @#$% thing out, I took a hammer to the plastic cover and broke it to pieces. Finally I got the blade out intact and wouldn't you know it, it doesn't fit.... Sooo I went back to the dealership, told them what happened, and sure enough, I had to order a new blade ($11). I hope this new wiper works really well, because I'd hate to think that I blew $27 for nothing...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Heres what I did , I took it to the dealer asked them to change the oil and replace the rear wiper blade.when the mo was ready I picked it up and was told the rear wiper arm was defective and they were ordering a new one.I received an apology and a free oil change
One week later the new arm was installed. At that time I asked the service manager if he thought I was stupid because I knew that they broke the arm trying to replace the blade,he did admit that they broke it,apologized again and I now have another free oil chang coming.I guess if I take the MO there enough I'll get free oil changes foer ever.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Yeah the 03-04 rear wiper is pretty difficult to replace. You need to pry the plastic cover off of it with some force, but not snap it in half. When I replaced my rear wiper blade, the instructions suggested it was a 5 minute job. Took me over half an hour of careful pulling to get it changed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just changed mine this friday due to the impending east coast snow storm that was forecast for the weekend. It actually was a 5 minute job.

If you study the directions carefully (they are in the package with the new blade), it really isn't that bad. Just be gentle with it. The thing is made out of plastic after all.

By the way, my replacement blade cost me about $18.00 from my local dealer. Anybody know of an online parts retailer that might be cheaper for next time?

One more thing... Why can't I buy a refill for this thing somewhere? It's ridiculous to have to replace the whole blade.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts