Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rear wiper dosent wipe all the windows ?

someone with the same trouble ?

how can we solve this

how can I remove the wiper assembly, do I need a puller

My Blade is brand new

and, its seems like the spring is not strong enough and when I wipe, at ¾ of the run, the blade want to lift from the window

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Ooooh thanks for the tip Enforcer, never even considered that. Now I feel like a berk for replacing that tiny rear wiper every 6 months because it stops wiping the entire window!

When replacing the rear wiper (the blade snaps into a round groove thing) I notice the service instructions included with the wiper say that if a new wiper still doesn't clean properly, then the entire arm has to be replaced. Apparently there is a spring in the arm which exerts tension of the entire assembly onto the rear glass.

·
Registered
67 Posts
rear wiper

I have a 2004 SE AWD and did not like the rear wiper as the hold down spring thingy was to loose. I upgraded to a 2006 MO rear wiper blade (metal), rubber, and cap (over the nut). Take nut off and lightly pry off and install new one. REAL EASY. I did not like the flimsy one that came with and I also don't like the massive chrome grill either.:3: :2:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Re: rear wiper

ChrisWard said:
I have a 2004 SE AWD and did not like the rear wiper as the hold down spring thingy was to loose. I upgraded to a 2006 MO rear wiper blade (metal), rubber, and cap (over the nut). Take nut off and lightly pry off and install new one. REAL EASY. I did not like the flimsy one that came with and I also don't like the massive chrome grill either.:3: :2:
That's interesting to read. How is the 2006 wiper different from earlier models?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Re: wiper

ChrisWard said:
The hold down spring is much stronger
ChrisWard -

If that is truly the case then that is good to know. Nissan recognized there was a design problem and corrected it. An "attaboy" goes out to the Nissan engineers. :29: (Maybe next they can address the transfer case. :3: )

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Someone posted here about 2 years back. They went to the dealer for a replacement blade and the service/parts guy came out and put it on the car. I was baffled as to why they did that but wondered if it was too difficult or something. I wish I remembered who posted that.
:8:
Bob1

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
bob1 said:
Someone posted here about 2 years back. They went to the dealer for a replacement blade and the service/parts guy came out and put it on the car. I was baffled as to why they did that but wondered if it was too difficult or something. I wish I remembered who posted that.
:8:
Bob1
Having replaced the rear wiper a few times myself on my 03 MO, I'd say its not an easy job. The wiper blade snaps into the arm with two pressure clips, and man are they held on with a lot of pressure! Pulling off the old blade is probably the most challenging part, since you are afraid you will break the plastic clip if you pull to hard. But you need to pull hard to free it. Putting the new blade on is easy though.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I know that there is a design problem, but mine got worst after a car wash, they taped the wiper against the window before going into the wash, but it was not strong enough, when the car got out of the wash it has the rear wiper poining to the ground, thats where I learned that I could loose the nut and reposition the wiper, but it did loose all the pressure. Be careful with car washes.

·
Registered
204 Posts
mgarciah said:
Be careful with car washes.
Shame Shame, subjecting your Mo to a beating in an automated car wash:( :D

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Re: parts

elerico said:
where I can buy those parts

the arm and the wiper..
The wiper is an odd size, so probably only at the dealer. I bought mine from Courtesy Nissan (www.courtesyparts.com). Give them a call if you need a part not on their website.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts