Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
I am not sure if it can be easily done. Since the lenses themselves are red, a simple bulb change won't do it.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
This is actually another one of the things I find irritating about the MO. I like having a different color between turn signals and brakes/running lights. (actually, I'd like to have a different color between running and brake lights too). Honda has always been very good about having yellow turn signals. Toyota has been pretty good about it. What's up with Nissan?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Corin said:
This is actually another one of the things I find irritating about the MO. I like having a different color between turn signals and brakes/running lights. (actually, I'd like to have a different color between running and brake lights too). Honda has always been very good about having yellow turn signals. Toyota has been pretty good about it. What's up with Nissan?
Most American cars have always had this setup. What's even worse is the kind where the brake light and the signal light use the same bulb, so you can't tell whether they are braking or turning unless you look at the other lights.

Audi started the trend of all red taillights a while ago, whereas VW's (notably the Passat) used a pale red lens (but yellow bulb) to keep the orange look. I think the Honda Pilot also has all red taillight/signals now too.

I much prefer the amber turn signal, much more visible.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I agree!!!:4:
Keep the all turn signal lights yellow/amber, and brake lights red.
Most of all a diferent bulb for each function. None of this one bulb fits all (parking light, braking light, turning light).... arrgh :3: They should make this a federal law.

Eric, you're right the Honda Pilot now uses all red in it's tail lights (at least for the '05's). They used to have a yellow turn signal light.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Depends on how adventurous you are. If I had MY heart set on it...

mark the center of the bulb with a pin. heat up the plastic a bit if it won't poke - you're gonna use a hole saw anyways...

punch in a whole saw of the requisite lengths.

get the colour of plastic you need, but say 1/4 or 38ths thick anyway, and scribe out the circle. head to your band saw.

now buff the edges out - remember, you can't add material.

now set the circle into the cutout, and secure with some ca or krazy glue.

voila.

This gives you a 'tuner' button. you could spend alot of time shaping the disc to the contour of the lens, but it depends on the look you are going for.

Me, I like red. :p

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
mozman said:
I agree!!!:4:
Keep the all turn signal lights yellow/amber, and brake lights red.
Most of all a diferent bulb for each function. None of this one bulb fits all (parking light, braking light, turning light).... arrgh :3: They should make this a federal law.

Eric, you're right the Honda Pilot now uses all red in it's tail lights (at least for the '05's). They used to have a yellow turn signal light.
Fortunately I believe the Murano uses a different bulb for the signal light and the brake lights (there are three bulbs per light, one always on, one for brakes, and one for signal). I think the Honda Pilot has always had red turn signals.

One idea for Japanese brands having all red taillights/signals might be because thats what American SUVs have traditionally had, and the perception is that a "truck" has "tough" red lights. It is ironic however, that at one point Ford and GM SUVs had amber rear turn signals (Explorer, Suburban, etc...).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts