Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is ? Is Nissan going to pay for a Rental while the alt gets fixed?
Thoughts

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
jimthor said:
My question is ? Is Nissan going to pay for a Rental while the alt gets fixed?
Thoughts
From what I understand, Nissan does not pay for car rental for warranty work, unless you have the extended warranty that covers the failed part.

But dealers, at their own discretion, can give you a rental or loaner. It just depends on how customer service friendly they are, and how far you can push them.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
One reason I got my MO from the dealer new me was that the provide a free rental with any warranty work. That was a selling point.

Frost Nissan
Newton, MA

Service with them has been just OK. Not bad but not good either. I can't have everything I guess.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Gonzo said:
One reason I got my MO from the dealer new me was that the provide a free rental with any warranty work. That was a selling point.
Was that a Nissan thing or something your dealer promised in exchange for buying from them?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
My local dealer has a shuttle (a Quest van) that they use to drive customers back home or to work. They've always driven me to work and picked me up to bring me back to the dealership. I suppose thats even more convenient than getting a rental (no car to worry about parking) but well, we all know what one does with a rental that makes them so fun to drive.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
zebelkhan said:

Was that a Nissan thing or something your dealer promised in exchange for buying from them?
Dealer thing... just something they do to get you to buy cars from them... in my case it worked even though I almost walked out due to the sales manager.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Our dealership offers a free rental coupon, available on their website, for any paying work. Meaning no warranty stuff. We brought it in for a problem they 'couldn't duplicate' so we paid for the rental. That didn't make me happy.

The problem I have is they pawn you off on Enterprise for the rental. You'd think instead of me driving a Ford with an Enterprise logo - they'd rather see me in a Nissan with a dealership logo....

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
You'd think instead of me driving a Ford with an Enterprise logo - they'd rather see me in a Nissan with a dealership logo....
You seem to forget you are dealing with NISSAN....:4:

·
Registered
781 Posts
:)

When I have MY dealership, things are gonna be different :)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
:)

When I have MY dealership, things are gonna be different :)
:D :D

It might be a "just a tad cheaper" just to buy another car, and call a cab to drive you home if you can't hitch a ride.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was just wondering. I had the Alt done and the TSB on the brakes today. Matter of fact its still there.
Just seeing if they were going out of their way for me or if it was part of the program from Nissan.

I did get a Nissan as the rental from enterprise, A Nissan SENTRA....
gOOD gOD A VERY small car....

·
Registered
781 Posts
Eric L. said:

:D :D

It might be a "just a tad cheaper" just to buy another car, and call a cab to drive you home if you can't hitch a ride.
Well - I was saying when I own a Nissan dealership - I'd have loaners for customers. But yes - buying another car would be easier than buying an entire dealership. But - if it were my dealership I wouldn't get the run around from the service department. What to do - what to do?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just brought my car in for the recall this morning. I have the extended warranty, so when I set up the appointment, I told them I needed a rental car. When I brought it in this morning they got me a rental car, but put it through as a Nissan Goodwill/Customer Retention. I told them that I had the extended warranty, but they said that recalls were not covered under that, so a rental car would not be covered with that either. Either way, they had no problem providing me with a free rental car….a Ford Taurus.:eek:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
jimthor said:
I did get a Nissan as the rental from enterprise, A Nissan SENTRA....
gOOD gOD A VERY small car....
Did you know they consider that a "mid-size" car???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts