Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I filled up yesterday with 93 octane at 2.75 per gallon. Cost over $45 to fill er up. I live in Chester Springs, PA, which is Southeastern, PA.

What are others paying now?

·
5,268 Posts
Filled up this morning at Shell. Cumming, GA.
Regular unleaded. Paid $2.499/g.
It took 18 gallons - $44.....:(

·
Registered
309 Posts
Filled up yesterday too....
BP Amoco (Jefferon, NJ)
Regular unleaded = $2.399
All the other stations around it were at $2.439. I thought they would jack up the price to match the others overnight.... nope... drove by this morning and still at $2.399.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Premium yesterday at a Top Tier vendor, QT @ $2.67.
Mine will never see regular, ever.
:D

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
$2.84/gallon for 93 here in Illinois.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Filled up Saturday $2.39 gallon, $40 and change.

Went home, got the wifes car, same station 20 minutes later paid $2.45 a GALLON. $32.

6 cent increase is 20 minutes. WTF???

Heard some couple arguing at the pump about the prices. He put $10 into a shiny Grand Prix, I think he got less than 3 gallons of premium. Then he almost smoked the tires pulling out...

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I filled up at a convenience store that has about 6 banks of pumps. As I was filling up, I put my hands up in the air like I was being held up with a gun and I could see the store attendant looking out the window at me, lol.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I filled her up this morning at WaWa... great gas station. It's Jersey, so it's Full service only.

$2.45 regular
$2.55 Super
$2.67 Premium

Anyway... i got out and was talking to the gas attendent... I asked him what peoples reactions are to the gas prices... he went on for the entire time saying how people ***** and complain at him like it is his fault... also saying it is $.02 cheaper down the street. He was funny... he said I pay the same dam price as everyone else, I don't get a discount for pumping gas. He said one lady had an attitude, so he told her they are going to raise the price higher next time she comes in. I guess he didn't care much about his job... he was funny though. I just wanted to share.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess it won't be long before we start paying more for goods and services that are also being affected by the rising gas prices. It will cost truckers more to fill up so they'll pass the price on to the retailers who will pass the price on to the consumer. Gee, that's us isn't it?:(

·
5,268 Posts
What if we got rid of all this crapy big trucks (F150s, RAM etc.), large SUV and started driving cars and car-based SUV?

Guess there would be too much gas on the market.......;)

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Kris said:
What if we got rid of all this crapy big trucks (F150s, RAM etc.), large SUV and started driving cars and car-based SUV?

Guess there would be too much gas on the market.......;)
Not true. Now that they are used to "extreme profits", they will just close more refinaries and jack the prices up even more.

$2.89 Regular (87)
$2.99 Mid grade (89)
$3.09 Premium (91)

Filled up two cars with premium....ouch...:3:

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
It's currently $3.26 for 87 octane here!!!
(U.S. currency and gallons)

Which means I'm paying about $3.69 for high octane.

For the Canadians out there, it's $1.033 for regular here, usually about $0.15 more for high octane. In Quebec it's probably way worse.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Guys
Have been reading this post with great interest and agree that the type of vechiles that some drive are to big( F-150's, Ram, etc)

The big reason for the increase in the price of gas is not so much the supply of oil as it has to do with the lack of refining capacity. The U.S, as well as Canada has not built a new refinery since the 70's and the demand for those products has sky rocketed. Most if not all oil companies do not want to build new refineries due to the very high cost, they look at it as a 25 year investment and look at the hybrid cars and there ability to reduce gas consumption and they are not intersted in building a large refinery with the large construction cost, 2-5 Billion dollars

There is still a concern about crude oil production and it will run out one day, but not today. There has already been lots of ideas on this site as how to maximize fuel economy and that is about the only way the price of gas will go down. Until the crude oil speculators see a drop in consumption they will keep on to speculate the price of crude higher which drives the price of gas.

So the next time you are driving at 110-120 KPH ( 70-80 MPH) think about how much fuel you are using. Personaly anyone that has bought a car with a V8 engine and a heavy frame is going to pay through the nose to keep it fueled.

I will now get off my soap box.:soapbox:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Before we get all righteous preaching about how trucks are bad, etc... remember that the Murano isn't exactly an economical car either. Yes its a crossover which gets better mileage than truck based SUVs, but it still uses more gas than the average automobile. There is simply no way to get good fuel economy for a 4000lb vehicle with a powerful engine (unless you factor in the higher cost of a hybrid like the Highlander). I for one am happy that while gas prices are rising, they are not as high in the US as they are in other countries.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
"I guess it won't be long before we start paying more for goods and services that are also being affected by the rising gas prices. It will cost truckers more to fill up so they'll pass the price on to the retailers who will pass the price on to the consumer. Gee, that's us isn't it?"

If you voted Republican, complain to them, not us!

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Stoker said:
Guys
Have been reading this post with great interest and agree that the type of vechiles that some drive are to big( F-150's, Ram, etc)

The big reason for the increase in the price of gas is not so much the supply of oil as it has to do with the lack of refining capacity. The U.S, as well as Canada has not built a new refinery since the 70's and the demand for those products has sky rocketed. Most if not all oil companies do not want to build new refineries due to the very high cost, they look at it as a 25 year investment and look at the hybrid cars and there ability to reduce gas consumption and they are not intersted in building a large refinery with the large construction cost, 2-5 Billion dollars

There is still a concern about crude oil production and it will run out one day, but not today. There has already been lots of ideas on this site as how to maximize fuel economy and that is about the only way the price of gas will go down. Until the crude oil speculators see a drop in consumption they will keep on to speculate the price of crude higher which drives the price of gas.

So the next time you are driving at 110-120 KPH ( 70-80 MPH) think about how much fuel you are using. Personaly anyone that has bought a car with a V8 engine and a heavy frame is going to pay through the nose to keep it fueled.

I will now get off my soap box.:soapbox:
Aren't there also much more stringent rules for pollution control on new factories now? That would drastically up the cost of a new refinery.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Tyler_Canada said:

Aren't there also much more stringent rules for pollution control on new factories now? That would drastically up the cost of a new refinery.
The issue is not so much about air pollution equipment as it is towards the price of steel, labour cost and engineering these new plants to operate safely and reliability. With all the law suites and liability from them, you have to ensure that your risk mitigation is quite low.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts