Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for recommendations and required components for a mobile entertainment system for my MO so the kids can watch DVDs on long drives. Please let me know what you have.

Here is what I need:
> a DVD player that can be used in BOTH the home and car
> 2- 7in. LCD screens
> an arm that will mount one of the screens between the back seats

I was looking at a 7in. Farenheit TFT LCD and Farenheit DVD-5F player. I also saw a Visualogic DVD player at autobarn.com that looked interesting as it had more than composite RCA outputs (coaxial digital and s-video). Does anyone have experience with this brand? Additionally, will I need a signal booster for running video to 2 monitors?

What are some reputable online places with good selection to get this equip? qualitymobilevideo.com, autobarn, etc.....?

·
Registered
564 Posts
My wife and I got an Initial IDM 1810 portable DVD player with 8 inch screen. Same as the Mintek 1810. Ours came with a car charger adapter. Had to return the first unit as defective, but the second one's been going strong since January. Got it from WalMart via the internet for well under $300. They still have them there and there's also a 7 inch screen version for under $200. The nice thing about Walmart internet order was that when the first unit was defective, we were able to return it to a retail store (no return shipping charges) and they refunded our original shipping.

As for setting up a stand between the seats, you could probably rig up something and then strap the player in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts