Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in San Mateo and I am looking for a reliable independent shop to do my MO's maintenance.

Any recommendation?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Maintenance on Peninsula

Sorry can't help you there, but if you find one, please share ( I am in San Bruno).

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I can recommend a good shop in San Francisco though. Tak's Auto Repair - 280 15th Street if I remember correctly. Been using Tak for years and he is very honest does excellent work.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I live in Pleasanton and have used dealers in San Jose and San Leandro. I will check out the SF shop.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone recommended ND Auto Care in San Mateo. ND means nissan doctor.

I visited the shop and it is very clean and there are a lot Nissans including the 300ZX and 240SX.

The owner said he can do Murano and he know how to maintain the CVT.

I will give it a try for my 45K service. He quoted $200 for 45K and $400 for major.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eric L. said:
I can recommend a good shop in San Francisco though. Tak's Auto Repair - 280 15th Street if I remember correctly. Been using Tak for years and he is very honest does excellent work.
Is tak up to date to service Murano? I am worried about the AWD system and CVT.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I am not sure if he will stock the CVT fluid, but I'm sure he can service the AWD system (differential fluid, etc..) since its not too different from Pathfinders. Tak is very understanding - just have a nice chat with him about what you would like to have done (and what you DON'T want to have done) and it will be fine. I moved away from San Francisco when I just got my Murano so I've never taken my Murano to him. However, he never missed a beat on my 97 Maxima.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well to bad you want an independent shop or else I would recommend you to Boardwalk Nissan. I say tht because the
service manager is a friend and he takes good care of me. If you change your mind let me know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
simplesb said:
Well to bad you want an independent shop or else I would recommend you to Boardwalk Nissan. I say tht because the
service manager is a friend and he takes good care of me. If you change your mind let me know.
I goes to Boardwalk Nissan a lot for warranty works. They have good services.

But the price for maintanence is too expensive. I was quoted $599 for 30K services which doesn't include CVT and Microfilter.

Do you go to Boardwalk? How much do you pay?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I guess I forget the price of maintenance because I bought the maintenace package and all the normal stuff is covered so I pay zero.

dkfchan said:

I goes to Boardwalk Nissan a lot for warranty works. They have good services.

But the price for maintanence is too expensive. I was quoted $599 for 30K services which doesn't include CVT and Microfilter.

Do you go to Boardwalk? How much do you pay?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
simplesb said:
I guess I forget the price of maintenance because I bought the maintenace package and all the normal stuff is covered so I pay zero.

$599?!!!!! Thats outrageous!

The 30K service includes the services dictated in your owners manual maintenance guide, and nothing more. It might also be a good idea to change the coolant and CVT fluid at 30K (although some will argue the CVT fluid never needs to be changed).

Estimated "dealer" prices, including usual markup.
Oil and filter change: $35
Tire rotation: $20
Air filter: $15
Cabin filter: $60
Change coolant: $100 (for a flush)
CVT service: $200 (for a flush)

It doesn't add up to $599. I cannot imagine what else they would do to raise the price so high. The inspections amount to almost nothing and you can do them yourself in less than 30 minutes at home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts