Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've got an 2003 Murano and I'm comin up on 31K miles. I spoke with the dealer and they are recommending the 30K service (tune up, wires, flush coolant, etc) - $450. My first question is, is this necessary? It sound like basic BS (flush coolant - never have done in any car I owned), especially since I'm not having any problems. Do other owners usually folow the recommended maintenance? This is a lease (if that helps). My second question and the main reason I'm bring it in - I need the break checked. They quote $250/axle (without rotors - if necessary) - again - does this sound excessive? On my old Jeep (which used to eat breaks) rotors were spec'd at $90 a piece while they cost $12 in the store. I once took my Jeep to Midas and got the lifetime pads - yes, pads don't wear out, but rotos warped due to pads. Maybe I should just go to a regular mechanic.

Thanks,
RZ

·
Registered
717 Posts
IMO, if it's a lease, and you don't intend on buying it at the end of the lease, I'd tell the dealer to follow the FACTORY SCHEDULED service manual and do nothing but the FACTORY SCHEDULED maintenance.

As far as the brakes go, I'd get a second opinion at a Midas (or similar shop) and see what they say about how necessary the work is at this point.

Then make your decision based on two estimates.

I find it hard to believe you'd need brakes at 31k, unless your doing city driving exclusively, then it might be possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts