Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I really would like to have remote start and Carplay on my 2016 Murano S. Is it possible to install remote engine start on 2016 Murano S? If so, do I have to get a 4/5 key fob and program it for my car and who does it and how much is it going to cost?

Also for Carplay units, has anyone had experience with the ones listed in eBay for non-Bose systems? Is it feasible to install? What's the best way on having Carplay on 2016 Murano S.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello everyone,

I really would like to have remote start and Carplay on my 2016 Murano S. Is it possible to install remote engine start on 2016 Murano S? If so, do I have to get a 4/5 key fob and program it for my car and who does it and how much is it going to cost?

Also for Carplay units, has anyone had experience with the ones listed in eBay for non-Bose systems? Is it feasible to install? What's the best way on having Carplay on 2016 Murano S.

Thanks a lot!
Last week I installed 2018's radio unit on my 2015 murano for android auto and Apple.carplay. It's literally plug and play.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last week I installed 2018's radio unit on my 2015 murano for android auto and Apple.carplay. It's literally plug and play.
Thanks Pratik, Awesome! would you mind giving more information about where you purchased it? and was it with or w/o Bose? I got the part number of my audio player from the dealer, and now that I'm checking with the available Carplay units no one matches my part number ..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks Pratik, Awesome! would you mind giving more information about where you purchased it? and was it with or w/o Bose? I got the part number of my audio player from the dealer, and now that I'm checking with the available Carplay units no one matches my part number ..
Check on ebay or car-parts.com. Any head unit made in 2018 would work for you as all of them have the same port connections. All 2018 units have carplay and android auto installed. The below part can work for you. I got mine from the same vendor. Try to negotiate with him online, I got mine for $330 + taxes. Start your offer with $300

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check on ebay or car-parts.com. Any head unit made in 2018 would work for you as all of them have the same port connections. All 2018 units have carplay and android auto installed. The below part can work for you. I got mine from the same vendor. Try to negotiate with him online, I got mine for $330 + taxes. Start your offer with $300

Thank you, Prarik. Just to make sure, so the part number of youroriginal head unit was not the same as the new one is that correct? Thank you again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Remote start I installed.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Hey, no need to change the head unit to get CarPlay, just read this:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts