Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... I have seen a few remote start threads, but I'm starting a new one because i'm hitting a new issue ( I think ).

Does anyone have 2005 Mo with the Intelligent Key and remote start installed? I Just called a place, (Zippo's in East Brunswich, NJ) and asked if they can install it... and the guy said, "I wont do it for the 2005 Murano's. The code for the intelligent key throws the code for the remote start off. They aren't compatable. " I said my dealer asked if I wanted it, audiovox for $400 when I bought it. His reponse was " I install it for local Nissan dealers and wont do it for that car." INTERESTING !!

So, does anyone have both installed?
Who installed it?
Do you have any problems?
How much (if you don't mind sharing)?

Thanks to anyone who could assist.

·
Registered
168 Posts
HMMMMMMMMM???? I bought a module for my 04, but have yet to install myself.

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
Valet Key ???

just wondering, if the Valet Key is also Intellikey in '05??

cuz my valet key is now sitting in the module for my car starter... intelli key might radio the same signals which the valet key does (kind of Wireless vs. Ethernet comparison... smae thing but different protocol)

PS> i had my valet key grounded so if someone breaks in, still wouldnt be able to use the key... (although i lost one key but i already got 2 major ones)

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
so then, cant you put in your valet key in the module for the car starter ?

it should work and the intellikey system in the MO will detect a key already in place (but the starter shuts off after 15 mins ,in my case, )

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The installer said... "The code for the intelligent key throws the code for the remote start off. They aren't compatable." So if i use my intel key to get into the car and start it... it will conflict with the starter that is running somehow. I'm not sure if it is true or will work or not... that is why i'm here asking if anyone has it and does it work? I hate to spend money on it and it doesn't work correctly.

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
hmkmmm....

most starters are shut off as soon as u press the break pedal.
so possibly, the situation could be same for yours as well, i mean as soon as you press the break pedal the starter shuts off, but you would need to turn the switch to ON position in order to keep the car running.

the starter in my car hasnt done anything with the keyfob (which isnt coded as intellikey is). i can start the car, and still be able to roll down windows, open the door locks stuff.... (which isnt possible according to the guy who installed my starter)

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have not had mine installed yet, but was told by a local Best Buy and a local audio shop that it would not be an issue. The Intelligent key puts off an RF frequency....key is slightly different. I am going to get one installed soon...I was quoted 325.00 installed....

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After some more research... they don't make the autostart for the Intelligent Key Murano. They aren't compatable at all as per installers I've talked to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an '05 and was told that I could have the remote start OR the intelligent key...NOT BOTH...

No remote start for me...rather have the cool key

·
Registered
103 Posts
I went through the winter without a remote starter exactly for the same reason. The installers here also weren't sure. Would be no problem....should be no problem.....I told them to experiment on someone else's MO and I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Spoke to DEI

I Spoke to a tech at DEI and they said the AUTo start is possible. You just loose a key like everyone else. You still have to turn the ignition to "On" once you get in, but I think thats it. BUt I guess no one in this forum has tried it out yet. I really want to have the clifford matirx installed with the auto start since our factory alarms have no shock sensor on them, but I want to find out if anyone has had this done yet on an '05 with the inteli-key. Has anyone tried to add a shock sensor to the factory alarm?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just in case anyone is still interested.

I just called my local installer for the autostart ( I had it done on a previous car here).

http://www.zippos.com/intro.htm

They said... it still can't be done, no auto start will work with the intelligent, but it is being worked on to try to figure out a way. He said I should call him back in a couple of months to check in again.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I was told by my local Circuit City that it can be done. They said the Python 1400XP will work fine. I have my installation scheduled for Monday, so wish me luck. I have talked to a few installers in this area and they all said it can be done now. The Circuit City I am taking it to has installed one in an FX45 with the intelligent key system, so I am assuming the Murano is similar...

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
milgrad said:
I was told by my local Circuit City that it can be done. They said the Python 1400XP will work fine. I have my installation scheduled for Monday, so wish me luck. I have talked to a few installers in this area and they all said it can be done now. The Circuit City I am taking it to has installed one in an FX45 with the intelligent key system, so I am assuming the Murano is similar...

THAT'S GREAT TO HEAR. Please let me know how it works out !! :2:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/prod...AE+AUDIO+SYSTEM&carFilter=true&c=1&oid=119439

i just read some reviews on that model... they were all great. CC has it for $199.00 which is a great price. Do you know if that includes the install, or how much more that would be ?

·
Registered
419 Posts
It does include the install at the $199.99 price...The only thing that is needed is the box for the valet key...It was $49.99. I will keep you updated on how it all works!! The remote start also has an output to trigger the rear window defogger, which will be great to use this winter.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was thinking, too bad they can't put the remote start controls into a current key fob. My key chain will start to look like my coffee table... a remote for the TV, the Cablebox, the DVD....

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well they actually can. I know on my 2004 Murano and my 2001 Pathfinder, the same installer I am going to was able to wire it up that if I hit lock on the factory remote twice within 3 seconds it started the vehicle...It was very nice...I could either use the factory remote or the remote that car with the starter

1 - 20 of 94 Posts