Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Well the east coast got its first taste of snow and frigid temps:3: . I was considering remote start for my MO.
1. Anyone out there have it???
2. What brand do you recommend????
3. Does it void the warranty with Nissan????
4. What is the average price installed???

Thanks
Rich :4:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Viper 791 VX Alarm suggestions?????

Thanks Gripperdon,
But the fact is that I have LoJack....and wanted to findout if this will defeat the purpose with the valet key chip inline with the alarm system......I am considering the Viper 791VX and just want to upgrading the stock alarm system.

Any feedback would be appreciated......

Rich

·
Registered
104 Posts
i have the viper 791. its awesome. i was having some problems with the key fob recently. now i just have to make sure i hold down the button and make sure the fob rec's the signal. theres nothing nicer than going into a nice warm car on a cold cold morning day.

·
5,100 Posts
Hi RICH, Interesting about LOJAk, Started by a friend of mine, Bill Agee, former CEO of Bendix Corp. As I understand it the LoJack should NOT be effected, and that there are many vehicles with remote start and LoJack. As a point of interest, I wonder if folks seeing vehicles running and unattended are sometins attaracted to them as easy targets for stealing and this has actually inproved LoJack sales.

I WOULD VERY STRONGLY SUGGEST that you have the Viper or any other remote install done by a shop that also installs LoJack's, so they will be familiar with both. Should be easy to do since it seems everyone sells LoJack nowdays. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GripperDon,
I will have to investigate further on the Viper installation shops in my area. I appreciate the heads up on checking if they are a LOJACK installers as well.

Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
has anyone put on a remote start with the intelligent key yet??

·
5,100 Posts
I am thinking about it with all the stuff I have added. Looking for answers to that question also. That is a very good point that I forgot to ask rharrack about, thank a lot for bringing it up. Think I ask the dealers.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Anybody get an answer on this...I just recently picked up my 05 MO and would like to get a remote start installed.....Let me know if it is possible and what you would go with.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2004 SL AWD, with Remote Start and LoJack. I had LoJack, Early Warning and remote start installed by the dealership before I picked up the car. They needed to install a key into the system in order for the remote start to work. The neat part is they were able to do it in a way that allowed me to keep the factory key fobs. To start the car I have to hit "Lock" then "Unlock" then "Lock" and the car starts. I am still able to lower the windows via the key fobs as well. Living in the North East, having the remote start has made life (and removing snow and ice) a lot easier.

2 issues -
Loose "connections" caused the alarm to intermittently go off while driving. Brought it to the dealership and was repaired free of charge.
I find that if the headlights are in the "auto" setting, and I remote start, the lights will go on. Fine.. but if the remote start times out and the truck shuts off, the lights will remain on, and not shut off automatically. (Had the same thing happen with an '02 Maxima).

Regardless, I make sure I switch my headlights to the off position during the winter, and step into a warm car every day. Highly recommended.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts