Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Remote Start Alarm installed on my 05 murano. The alarm's fuse will pop only when trying to remote start the car. Has anyone had this problem, does anyone have a remote start on their murano. The installer says he can not find anything wrong! Any help would be great!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Calsoundworks said:
I had a Remote Start Alarm installed on my 05 murano. The alarm's fuse will pop only when trying to remote start the car. Has anyone had this problem, does anyone have a remote start on their murano. The installer says he can not find anything wrong! Any help would be great!
Sounds like your installer used a fuse with too low a rating for the application. I assume you are referring to the aftermarket alarm's fuse, not the stock Nissan alarm fuse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HE tried to use a little larger fuse and that blew as well. The alarm is now ran straight to the battery but the installer can't get the ok from technical to use a larger fuse.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Calsoundworks said:
HE tried to use a little larger fuse and that blew as well. The alarm is now ran straight to the battery but the installer can't get the ok from technical to use a larger fuse.
As far as I know, the remote start should only carry enough current to activate the starter solenoid. Maybe they have a bad ground somewhere.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Really the alarm (remote start box) should only carry enough current to activate an auxilary relay (which should be fused separately from the alarm control) to fire the starter solenoid. I would be very careful of wiring it directly to the battery for anything other than testing. The fuse protects the wiring and alarm. If not present you are looking at a possible dash fire. I can't believe they would let you drive away with it like this....the installer is taking a big risk wiring a known problem circuit directly to the battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts