Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had a remote start installed in their MO yet? If so what make did you have installed? Did you have any issues with it? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Milgrad,
I had my remote start installed at the dealer for only $30 more than I could get Circuit city to do it for. I chose to do it at the dealer so they can cover it under the 7yr warranty that I got with my purchase. I am very happy with it as it will be very handy in the cold winter months to come! I have had mine for a month now without any problems. DEI is the manufacturer (they make Viper, Python, and Valet). Good luck and let me know if you need any other info.

--Mojo

P.S. Works well with the cold package too! Just leave the driver seat warmer in the on position before you leave your car the night before. When car starts... seat will warm and temp is set to your auto climate setting.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Mojo - does the OEM key fob work with it?
Because it does so much, ie: seat memory #1 or 2, opening the windows when its hot & having such a long range, I would really miss these features.
Or do you just have another fob to start your MO?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey KS,
I told them to give me the new fobs, so now I have 4 of them (2 factory and 2 aftermarket). The new ones do everything but the seat memory. I personally don't need it as I am the primary driver and just use the buttons on the side of the door. But it may be a prob for you... talk to your dealer to see what they can do. Don't pay more than $150 for the remote start.

--Mojo

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$150 for the remote start? How do you manage that? All the places I have looked at one 250-300 for it. Did you have to give up your spare (valet) key for them to mount under the dash?? Does the aftermarket remote work to control the windows as well?

·
Registered
21 Posts
You do have to give up your valet key to be mounted under dash... however, I did not lose any functionality of the old fob. I actually gained a feature. Now I can raise my windows when I arm my car. As for the price, it must have been a sale at the local audio installer that the dealer goes through. Hope this helps.

--Mojo

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Do they cut the chip part off the valet key and mount it under the dash? It seems rather dangerous to stick a working key somewhere in the vehicle - a thief can break in and drive off!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes... just the security part. not the key itself.

--Mojo

·
Registered
180 Posts
Mojo

That Stonguard invisibra -- where'd you get it? Just wondering if there's someone who sells it or if there's something like it up here in Canada. Is it like the 3M version -- thick clear tape/film or is it some other type of application? BTW, how much was it?

Thanx

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Correct....The oem FOBS do not work...No big deal though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts