Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to install a remote starter in my Murano. The dealer stated that it would 400.00 and change to install the remote starter. They stated that it is different than a regular car because of the anti theft. They further stated that they would need my spare key to mount on the alternator/starter..not sure which one they mentioned. Anyway, I have a guy down the street that does it for $175.00. Has anyone had a remote starter installed? What did it cost? Did you have to have it done by the dealer? Is that key stuff true, and if so does any joe schmo car place know about that? Thanks in advance.

Dave
--------
04-Black on Black Leather

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The key is not placed near the starter, but rather near the ignition switch (thats probably what they meant). Your key has a computer transponder chip inside it which is part of the antitheft system that comes with the vehicle. So by placing a key near the ignition switch, it fools the computer into thinking the key is in the ignition.

As for the rest of the process, the dealership might have a way for you to remote start the car with the alarm armed, since the alarm system (separate from the coded key) has an ignition disable function too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
viper 791x

i have the viper 791x installed with remote start and lcd remote. they do need your valet key b/c of the transponder. the viper alarm with remote start cost me 550, but that's with the aftermarket alarm, extra key fob, the extra part they needed for the key transponder and remote start. i'm not sure if you're just getting a remote start or one with a better alarm system. if you're getting just a remote start...400 seems quite high. i'm not sure if you want any joe schmo putting it in either. make sure they are certified from the maker of the alarm. otherwise it negates the warranty.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I had a two-way Audibox remote start installed in MO at Circuit City....$265.00 for everything...Works great and all the features of the factory alarm still work. PM if you need any more info...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts