Nissan Murano Forum banner

Remote starting - 2010 Murano LE AWD

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JohnnieB 
#1 ·
Acquired a 2010 Murano LE AWD in summer of 2018 and recently discovered it can be remotely started by pushing the "Lock" button of the key fob five times.

I was wondering if this is an OEM feature or an aftermarket one.

I've gone through the papers that lists all the stuff that was installed at the factory and didn't see anything about remote starting and I didn't see anything about remote starting in the owner's manual(s), and can't find any labels anywhere on vehicle identifying what brand if it is aftermarket.

Any help will be appreciated.

#4 ·
Sorta figured it was aftermarket since I couldn't find anything in the manuals or options lists, but sure would like to know who made it just in case it fouls up and needs fixin'.

Only clue I have is it takes five pushes on the key fob Lock button to activate it. First three pushes are normal, forth turns on some lights in the headlight cluster and side markers, and the fifth starts the engine.

-----------
I discovered its existence standing on my back porch and was sure if the doors were locked. Pushed the lock button but did hear the horn beep, so I pushed it a few more times and finally started walking around so I could see the car and saw the headlights were on. Got closer and heard it running. Did some experimenting over the next few days and figured out it takes five pushes of the lock button.

Reactions: MuranoSL2003
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.