Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing a thread on this but can't find it? :confused:

Maybe it was on the dark side (FA).

I wanted to see how this was working out?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Might have been him too...........
But I think it was sburniak over on FA?
Not sure of spelling.
But he even took Db readings.
I responded to the post today so it ought to be near the top.

Homer

·
59 Posts
There is a lengthy thread in FA under "true dual exhaust". I will try to post some pics here when I can figure out the software for my digital camera, soon I hope.

·
59 Posts
Finally, here are some pics of the forward muffler removal. Yes, I am still pleased with it. I love the difference in sound. I get a chuckle everytime a read a post complaining about the "low hanging muffler", which is really ugly. The first pic is stock muffler before the removal.

Attachments

·
59 Posts
This pic is the custom made tube that replaced the muffler. Appearance is not an issue because you cannot see it from the side.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
How much more noise does it make? Does anyone know if this would cause problems with the computer that "manages" the engine? And I am sure this would void the cars warranty?

·
59 Posts
This has all been covered in FA under the thread "true dual exhaust" . Check it out and read all the posts.

·
SHIFT_ passion
85 Posts
muffler removal

I removed the middle section of muffler today to be honest it didnt really give it the noise I was after. It did however seem to help the "pep" and it definitly helped the side view. I also added a full cat back system to my 04 maxima today. Its awsome!! Has anyone replaced the MO's stock filter w/ a K&N yet?? Just wonderin before I pick it up. Lemme know;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts