Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed my car this morning and I noticed that there's some yellow stains on the side of my murano. I don't know how I got those stains but it really bothers me now. I tried p21s paint cleaners but didn't work out well. Is there any way I can do something to remove those stains?:(

·
Registered
741 Posts
Depending on what the stain is made of, turpentine could do the job if it is paint (road lines paint for example). A clay bar would probably do the job as well.

You'll however have to redo a wax job after though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Woogi4u,

I also have yellow stains on the rear driver side door. Also on the left side of the rear bumper. It started out with just 1 stain now there are 3 ugly big stains. I used the light rubbing compound and
buff it with micro fiber towel and it actually removed it after a long long time.

The sad thing is that after a month, the stains reappeared on the same spots again even more yellowish. I tried first using the clay bar but it did not work. So I used the rubbing compound again and rub and rub, and only slight stain came out. Being tired with a sore wrist, I brought it to my dealer (Empire Nissan) last week and they took some pictures and email it to Nissan. They haven't call me yet.

I also have a pearl white. Some guy from the body shop told me pearl white has 3 coats. And the middle coat has some yellow color in it, so the paint might be defective. Hope Nissan agrees to it too.

Any luck removing your yellow stain?

Tony

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried dawn wash with claybar plus some tar remover and p21s paint cleanser, but it didn't work out. I still see the stains when I look carefully. :(
I want to try a rubbing compound but I am afraid to use it. (because someone told me that would remove the clear coat layer, too)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Woogi, you need to know where the yellow film is located, above the clearcoat, within the clearcoat or under it. This is how you will determine how to proceed. If the claybar and turpentine cannot remove it, chances are it is located within or under the clearcoat. Then, if it is, you absolutely need a professional because compound can easily burn through the clearcoat and the paint.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is scary man....how long have you guys had your MOs? It seems the older it is the more problem.....should I get rid of it while it's young?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts