Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I remove the handles? I know this is relatively easy because I saw a body-shop pop them off a Murano very quickly.

I want to buff the scratched-up-looking spot behind the handles before I apply the protective, clear film there.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Easy? That all depends on your definition of the term.

The service manual shows the removal of the interior panel on the doors, removing the handle bracket from the inside, then removing the handle by pulling it out and towards the rear of the car.

When you saw the body-shop pop them off was the interior of the door disassembled?

Check with the body-shop, maybe there is a simpler method.

The concave area behind the handles is prone to scratching. Nissan should have put protective film there, at least on the driver's door.

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
njjoe said:
Easy? That all depends on your definition of the term.

The service manual shows the removal of the interior panel on the doors, removing the handle bracket from the inside, then removing the handle by pulling it out and towards the rear of the car.

When you saw the body-shop pop them off was the interior of the door disassembled?

Check with the body-shop, maybe there is a simpler method.

The concave area behind the handles is prone to scratching. Nissan should have put protective film there, at least on the driver's door.

Good luck.

-njjoe
Easy? Yes, much easier! The interior panel was not off. I wished I had paid more attention when I saw him do it months ago. It took him a matter of seconds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts