Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be installing Sound Mats this weekend. Im trying to decide if I want to take the GripperDon approach and just do it in parts or to remove the front seats and try to get it all at one time.

Is removal of the front seats just the 4 bolts and the control wire connector?

Does all the trim that holds the outside of the carpet just pop off?

Any trix, tips, or help is truly appreciated.

-Ed

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
The front seats have airbag systems in them and if you disconnect and rermove them you may have to take the car to the dealer to reset the SRS system. I would find out if there will be a charge for that...:4:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Well! I don't want to get old things started up but as a guy that designed air bags for many years, I would recommend that you never disconnect your air bags yourself. You are obviously free to do as you desire Plus others way differ. When It comes to certain areas I am actually better than a "potted Plant" Should you decide to disconnect them, Please disconnect the battery and wait as least 15 minutes before proceeding, Read the factory manual for all you can learn, Complete the reinstallation completely before re-connection of the battery.

Read from true hands on expert sources. Remember these things can kill you and have killed others.

P.S. The seat bolts are torque to yield design and should not be reused but replaced.

"May the force be with you" ( And not be directed against you )

FastEddy said:
Im going to be installing Sound Mats this weekend. Im trying to decide if I want to take the GripperDon approach and just do it in parts or to remove the front seats and try to get it all at one time.

Is removal of the front seats just the 4 bolts and the control wire connector?

Does all the trim that holds the outside of the carpet just pop off?

Any trix, tips, or help is truly appreciated.

-Ed

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: Re: Removing Front Seats and Trim?

GripperDon said:
"May the force be with you" ( And not be directed against you )
Wait a minute...how can airbag save you if it's "force" does not come at you?????

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys are great!
I love asking stupid questions before doing stupid things.
The days of using a 1/2 and 9/16th inch wrench and a pair of pliers on my 57 Chevy are over.

I have a lot of sound mat left over from when I did my Entertainment room in the house. I thought I may as well do as much of the MO floor as possible. Looks Like ill be selective and do as much as possible without removing the front seats.

Thanks for the info, I never would have thunk bout them there hi tech seats. :) Not me.....

I have no force to be with me. Its more like a Black Hole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts