Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I did a search but couldn't find the solution. Basically, my car got sprayed on with road paint. :(

There are thousands of little dots which I can scratch off with my nail. They don't leave any marks. However, no wax or scratch removers can help.

I found these topoftheline wipes for Road Paint Removal.
http://www.topoftheline.com/sprayinwip.html

However, before I spend money, I'd like to know if anyone had either experience with this product or any other.

Thanks everybody!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
KGBhoy-

The good news is some road "paint" isn't really paint anymore, it is a plastic formulation. That is why it came off so easy.

I would try a clay bar. Many people use a clay bar as one of their first steps when detailing their cars. It removes surface contaminants without harming the finish.

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
243 Posts
A few years ago, some random graffiti "artist" used my white honda civic as a backdrop for his "artwork."

Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover worked extremely well and removed any evidence of the "artist's" work. It has been a mainstay in my garage ever since and removes anything that normal soap and water cannot remove. It has also come in handy for other tasks. They sell this everywhere from pathmark, walmart, to pep boys.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had the same thing all over the side of my MO. I used a clay bar and spray detailer on the paint and it came off quite easily. I used a scrub brush and WD40 on the inner fender well and it came off as well......Hope this helps.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Guess, it is my turn now.

Got all white paint on side of MO and in wheel well.

Will try clay bar and report.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts