Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found that I can not replace the stereo in my 2010 nissan maurano SL so I want to exchange the aux plug in used for the DVD setup in the middle counsel does anyone know if its possible?

· Registered
2010 Murano SL AWD
9 Posts
I just got a 2010 SL and am looking something to stream bluetooth. The bluetooth phone works well but doesn't stream. I found this but would have to run RCA cables to back of center console. I think the small hole at 10 o'clock is a microphone. If it have a mic out plug, I could probably hide the box in center console and run mic to front which would be less wires showing.
XM is activated but not sure how long, I don't want to pay for it.
I'm not sure what I will do yet but if I find a better solution I'll let you know.

Attachments

· Registered
2010 Murano SL AWD
9 Posts
I doesn't look perfect, but is the sound ok? I usually listen to XM streamed off iphone, mainly espn cnbc etc.
XM is activated now but not sure how long that will last. I use my wife's pre paid car XM account to stream.
Will your phone connect to car to answer calls and stream music through at same time?
If it's good enough to listen to sports talk I might try it. I haven't found any way to add bluetooth or 3.5 plug to radio besides this.
I think I'll mount a Bluetooth to 3.5mm dongle with built in mic on dash, then run long aux cord under seat to a RCA adapter.
What do you think?
Good luck

· Registered
2010 Murano SL AWD
9 Posts
Good luck, I think that will work fine for streaming.
I want to be able to answer calls also so I found this. You press middle button to answer, has a built in mic. Then run cable back to rca splitter.
I'm not sure phone will connect to car for talking and other thing for streaming at same time.
I'll probably order today and let you know.
Good luck

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My marano doesn't have a headphone jack..... your car should still connect to the car bluetooth regardless of the bluetooth you have....I have a fm transmitter/ bluetooth and it still connects calls

· Registered
2010 Murano SL AWD
9 Posts
My Murano only has rca jack on back of console not the 3.5 aux port. Wtf.
My phone doesn't have aux either. Must use BT.
Thanks for that info. I wasn't sure phone would automatically use 2 dif BT and get calls from car and stream through dongle.
Good luck with your setup.

· Registered
3,561 Posts
Glad you are okay, and that the safety systems performed well!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts