Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday morning on the way to work (20 degrees), my tire sensor began to sound off and screen says "You have a flat tire" !! Oh Crap ! Pulled off and looked and my left rear 18inch monster had a large nail right throught the sidewall !! Well I reached for my Fixa-flat only to read that you should not use it on cars equipped with tire sensors !! Retrieved my small compressor and was able to inflate it enough to get it to Goodyear dealer. Tires only have 8k miles on them but you know by the above description of the "injury" that I had to buy a new one, exact same one for a replacement, costs $158.00 mounted balanced etc. Finally my question is (drum roll) was that a good price for the tire ? Its academic as I had to pay it but I was just wondering ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
is it stock Eagle LS? if so $158 out of the door is just a tad bit high. I would expect it to be sold at around $130-140 out of the door.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RandyMax said:
is it stock Eagle LS? if so $158 out of the door is just a tad bit high. I would expect it to be sold at around $130-140 out of the door.
My bad, i should have broke down the costs, tire=$134, shop supplies, labor etc account for the rest.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Did you try to file a claim with Goodyear? I think the tire warranty covers road hazard (I could be wrong though)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zebelkhan said:
Did you try to file a claim with Goodyear? I think the tire warranty covers road hazard (I could be wrong though)
Called them and went to the dealer, NOT ! Road Hazards not covered unless you had purchased RH insurance (another $25 per tire) and then it would be prorated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts