Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A recent edition of Consumer Reports tested many of the highly touted replacement halogens out there to see the difference (bad pun).

They used 3 different vehicles and the closest to a MO is the Honda truck. The only difference from stock was the GE Knight hawks and the difference wasn't really that great.

The real difference was the colour of the light and most people prefer a white light although it doesn't actually improve the distance of the light , just looks better to most people.

I know that many people have said that there is a noticeable difference with that light or this light but the tests of CR should clarify the facts! (yep, another bad one)

Dave

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
whatsup-

I read the CR report and you know what fact stood out the most? - The impact reflector design has on overall light output and beam pattern.

I was truly amazed how a well-designed reflector could easily outshine a car with a poorly-designed headlight assembly. You can easily change a bulb. However, you are stuck with the reflector assembly.

Check out the photos Gonzo took. The evidence is, well, evident. :D

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
njjoe

you are perfectly right with the reflector design. It is very important, I know from my own experience (still cannot believe how bad Taurus was).

whatsup

most of us agreed that the light output was not improved (actually down by up to 20%). The change was purely aesthetic. Some of us just preferred fog matching HID’s.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
CR also said New Finnish was the best paint protectant for years....
I think they must be kin to Readers digest. Pfffffft!

I still say silverstars are whiter/ brighter.

:D

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Do they post the lumes of the SilverStars? Same wattage in the same reflector... just whiter I guess.... but what about the lumes?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts