Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

For those of you who have replaced the SD card.

Did you need to go to the dealership? or is there a website you can use?

I tried Nissan.Navigation.com
After calling them they told me I need the original to update. Which doesn't make sense, the car only has the one SD card slot.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
That doesn't sound right, I have never heard of a navigation update SD card needing the original SD card...

I think it just needs the head unit serial number that you can find using this procedure:

1) Push 'Information'
2) Push 'Navigation Version'
3) Record the Serial Number (should be 8 digits) and may contain leading 0's (omit the hyphen)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That doesn't sound right, I have never heard of a navigation update SD card needing the original SD card...

I think it just needs the head unit serial number that you can find using this procedure:

1) Push 'Information'
2) Push 'Navigation Version'
3) Record the Serial Number (should be 8 digits) and may contain leading 0's (omit the hyphen)
Those buttons are greyed out. Won't let me click on it. I assume the SD card carries that info on it.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
What year and trim level is your Murano?

I'm wondering if maybe you don't have the XM radio option? Does you Murano have an antenna on the roof? The owner's manual mentions this is needed for XM radio, which is what you're looking for when I reviewed your previous posts.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I just did the here.com maps and software update on my 2018 a few weeks back; there's a point in the update where it wants to read the old card, then you put in the new card to update something on it. This happens a couple of times - so I'm guessing there's some sort of data involved that is resident on the original Nissan card and needs to be copied to the new card.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
You're correct, the old SD card is required when installing an updated SD card.

The following is from the PDF link from here:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What year and trim level is your Murano?

I'm wondering if maybe you don't have the XM radio option? Does you Murano have an antenna on the roof? The owner's manual mentions this is needed for XM radio, which is what you're looking for when I reviewed your previous posts.
Can't tell all but 3 buttons are greyed ou
You're correct, the old SD card is required when installing an updated SD card.

The following is from the PDF link from here:

View attachment 51794
Thank you, that answers that. Not having the original SD means I basically have no choice but to go to the dealer. Damn.

Again thank you for having a look at this for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

For those of you who have replaced the SD card.

Did you need to go to the dealership? or is there a website you can use?

I tried Nissan.Navigation.com
After calling them they told me I need the original to update. Which doesn't make sense, the car only has the one SD card slot.

Thank you
Having to pay for the new SD card is a rip off - just use your phone navigation. I got the notice to update ($150) in 2016 for my 2015 Murano telling me I could just do it myself. I made a mistake and ordered the wrong card so it wouldn't work at all. Took to dealer who charged me a diagnosis fee and told me that it was impossible to fix and I needed thousands of $s of parts. I put the old one back myself and it worked fine. Had to go to some vp of customer service to get my diagnosis fee refunded. I am not fond of dealers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Having to pay for the new SD card is a rip off - just use your phone navigation. I got the notice to update ($150) in 2016 for my 2015 Murano telling me I could just do it myself. I made a mistake and ordered the wrong card so it wouldn't work at all. Took to dealer who charged me a diagnosis fee and told me that it was impossible to fix and I needed thousands of $s of parts. I put the old one back myself and it worked fine. Had to go to some vp of customer service to get my diagnosis fee refunded. I am not fond of dealers.
Looks like if you don't have the SD card in your car. Your radio will not save your radio presets or bluetooth.
The SD card seems to be the only place it saves the information.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts