Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking for replacement tires for FX35 and put together this table. All data comes from TireRack. They can fiit Murano as well. Anyway, it is interesting to see the comparison.

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
What size are they?

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
265/60/18

·
Registered
834 Posts
How about the Pirelli Scopion Zero a/s

255/60VR18

They are 30.1 inches in dia. real close to stock.

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I considered them for Murano. See below

Attachments

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
how about the yokohama geolanders?? those are gonna be by far the best of the bunch

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, let's putt all of them in one table

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
I had an MB ML500 park next to me yesterday morning at the bakery (caught him checking out the Mo when I walked out!!) and I noticed he had the Geolanders on his MB.

They looked really nice and I'm guessing are the cream of the crop, so far.

The tire rack ratings are really nice but you've got to be aware of the number of "reported miles driven" for each of the tires ratings.

Some seem to be rated either really high or low initially, then stabilize a little later as they age a bit.

Nice table of information.

This one ought to be assigned a sticky!

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dklanecky1,

thanks. When I find more time I will create a table with several tires from different manufactures and with ratings from Tire Rack (I hope those guys do not mind!). I will add reported miles and tire sizes.

You right as to the reported miles. For example Bridgestone has more than 22,000,000 so the results must be meaningful.

·
Registered
834 Posts
If/when you make this tire table which would be great!

Plase add tire diameter.

Working from experience although a bit more extreme with Jeep tires. The diameter of the tire comes into play.
On one hand people are looking for increased performance, and I know I do not want to lose any torque to larger tires.

·
Registered
834 Posts
The Toyo's to me seem like a good size to look into.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Falken Tire - ZIEX S/TZ01

Anyone have any experience/information on these tires?:

Falken Tire - ZIEX S/TZ01
Size: P265/60R18
Price: $129/tire at CarXpressions.com

Here's a description and overview:
Specialty Light Truck Tire for Pickups and Sport Utility Vehicles
Uni-directional tread design
Smooth, quiet, comfortable ride
Superior wet-weather traction
Maintains vehicle load carrying capacity
Aggressive style and performance
Stylish sidewall treament
Rim protection ridge protects expensive custom wheels
50,000 mile limited treadwear warranty
UTQG rating: 420 A-A

Specialty Light Truck for pickups and SUVs. Falken combined the high speed rated performance of high performance tires with the rugged strength of truck tires. The Ziex S/TZ-01 is design specifically to handle the weight of a light truck application to give it a significant edge over using a conventional performance tire.

Just wondering about snow/ice traction and tire noise.

Thanks!

·
Registered
834 Posts
The only concern I'd have with the Falken Tire - ZIEX S/TZ01 are they are 30.7 inches in dia. Not much more than the stock 30 inch but still over a 1/2 inch.

I like the Toyo's on paper at 30" dia. tourqe is lost with larger dia. tires. Perhaps not much with .7 but it's still lost.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Dmako - is torque lost with a slightly larger diameter tire ? With a regular "geared" transmission torque and thus acceleration would be adversely affected...with the CVT I'm not so sure...I run 265 x 60 Yokahamas and don't notice any difference...not scientific for sure...it would be interesting to see some measured results...eg 1/4 mi comparison?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Don't know.

I do know that when I put 30 inches on my old 83 Jeep CJ-7 it killed it no power. Have to re-gear it.

I understand that automatics (non-CVT) are a bit more 'forgiving' due to torque multiplication.
But the problem still exists.

Experiencing the problem first hand, would make me choose 30.0 dia tires, period.

senza said:
Dmako - is torque lost with a slightly larger diameter tire ? With a regular "geared" transmission torque and thus acceleration would be adversely affected...with the CVT I'm not so sure...I run 265 x 60 Yokahamas and don't notice any difference...not scientific for sure...it would be interesting to see some measured results...eg 1/4 mi comparison?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
"My 295/45R20's are 30.7" tall, don't rub. and MO can still spin em if I want to...... Falken Ziex's....."

Really?
Then I might question their grip.

I can't spin the stock tires.................

(Admittedly I refuse to "load the transmission" for the start.)

Homer

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Just lately I have had the nerve to put the pedal to the metal to see just what she would do. At 35 miles an hour she dropped into the very lowest gear and spun a tire a lil--with stock tires--it was at the last inch of pedal travel. Once I was entering a curve down hill and to the right at about 35 and dropped her into Ds an goosed it--it spun a tire there as well, you could see the right fender rise a lil an feel it "rub" the asphalt. I backed off the pedal a lil an noticed I was goin 60--she had shot right up there, I was elated.
:)

1 - 20 of 127 Posts