Nissan Murano Forum banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I'm looking at buying a new car and have heard that tire pressure monitoring systems can make replacement tires cost more money. Is this true for all cars, or is it just some specific makes/models?
Not with Nissans, at least with the new tires I put on my Mo and those my daughter put on her Quest. But, as with all TPM systems, you should always let whomever is installing your new tires know that the car has that system. That way they can be careful not to damage the sensors when they take the old tires off.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yoko Envigors

I put 45K miles on the original GYs before I replaced them with Yoko ENVigors. Still had some tread but I was getting tired of the tread noise. Yoko's are soooooooo quiet :)

Patrick
Phatty, i am in the same situation as you.

Have 45k miles on the OEM, some tread left but ALL 4 are dry rotted and do not feel comfortable going into the winter season with those.

Considering the Yoko Envigor and quite is on the top of the list when shopping for tires.
Do you mind sharing price and location of the purchase?

Currently i can take advantage of Nissan buy 3 get one, or considering to purchase from Mr Tire.

Thank you for your time

·
Registered
978 Posts
Phatty, i am in the same situation as you.

Have 45k miles on the OEM, some tread left but ALL 4 are dry rotted and do not feel comfortable going into the winter season with those.

Considering the Yoko Envigor and quite is on the top of the list when shopping for tires.
Do you mind sharing price and location of the purchase?

Currently i can take advantage of Nissan buy 3 get one, or considering to purchase from Mr Tire.

Thank you for your time
Well I got a family discount so my cost won't be very helpful to you. For you, I'd just figure out the best deal! Not sure about Nissan's offer, but Mr. Tire offers all of the extras for free (mounting, balancing, valve stems, tire disposal and TPMS transfer), plus free tire rotations for life. With the 30-day price and ride guarantee, you can get a full refund if you don't like them. I'm a fan of Mr. Tire :)

Whatever shop you decide on, this is also a great opportunity to get your tires and wheels Road-Force balanced. Instead of just slapping on the new rubber any-which-way, they mount the tires to the rims by matching the high point or stiff spot in the tire with the lowest spot in the rim, to make the wheel/tire combo as round as possible, reducing high-speed vibration. It's worth it!

Patrick

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Whatever shop you decide on, this is also a great opportunity to get your tires and wheels Road-Force balanced. Instead of just slapping on the new rubber any-which-way, they mount the tires to the rims by matching the high point or stiff spot in the tire with the lowest spot in the rim, to make the wheel/tire combo as round as possible, reducing high-speed vibration. It's worth it!

Patrick
There is a thread from long ago about folks that can't get a good balance and the car always had the shakes. It was recommended to find a road force balance shop.

Bob1

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well I got a family discount so my cost won't be very helpful to you. For you, I'd just figure out the best deal! Not sure about Nissan's offer, but Mr. Tire offers all of the extras for free (mounting, balancing, valve stems, tire disposal and TPMS transfer), plus free tire rotations for life. With the 30-day price and ride guarantee, you can get a full refund if you don't like them. I'm a fan of Mr. Tire :)

Patrick

Thank you.

That makes a difference in my decision making process

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need to replace my Yokahama Geolander 225/65/18 tires and would like to know what other width and profile I ca use as suppliers in South Africa only have two ridiculously expensive options in standard size and they tell me anything different will do damage to the transmission . There are different options at a way better price .Are there other options I could use ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi tpgilmore!

Finally another South African on the site!

Which province are you situated in? I'm in the western cape.

I'm also looking at replacing my tires.

I've been looking at kumho 235/60R18 which retail for about R2100 per tire the last time I checked a few months ago

Otherwise I've been told Falken do a good tire for SUV's 225 or 235 60/65 R 18. In a similar price range to the kumho's

dunlops, conti's, Bridgestone and goodyears will cost inexcess of R 3500 per tire, so I've been told.

Don't buy Federal Couragia tires, I have them on and they are noisy!!
The grip however in dry and wet is very good, pitty about the noise.

regards

Craig

·
Registered
263 Posts
I just got new michalins latitude TOUR and all i can say is they are great. This is my 2nd murano and the goodyears are not good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cooper CS4

FWIW, I've been very happy with the Cooper CS4 tires I put on my 2007 Murano a couple of years ago when the crappy factory Goodyears wore out at about 25000 miles.

The CS4 comes in the OEM size (235/65-18), with a great ride and handling. They're very quiet, and I get better mileage than with the Goodyears (now about 25-26 mpg on the highway using regular gas). Very good on the snow and ice here in NJ as well. They are waranteed for 80000 miles, and mine now with about 30000 miles show little wear.

The best price I found was at Pep Boys (they keep them in stock, too... nice if I ever need a replacement). They often run a "buy three get 1 free" special, and Cooper is now giving away a $50 Visa gift card with a set of 4. The price for a set of 4, out the door after all of the promotions and with mounting, lifetime balancing and rotations, would now be about $550 plus tax.

Dan

·
Registered
7 Posts
2007 SE - Still some tread left on the original Goodyear LS tires at 80K but I'll replace them before winter here in PA. Has anyone tried the Goodyear Assurance CS TripleTred? Good reviews and with current promotions through Sears / Goodyear the price is right. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tire Replacement need help

I have a Nissan murano 2011 LE and I need to change the Tires, I feel the car is bumpy sometimes on paved roads. I drive on roads and unpaved roads, I am looking to get a michelin tires, and I was wondering if anyone can give me an advice of how wide should I buy the tires, since I am looking to have a better grip on the road, can anyone give me a tire size I can buy knowing 235/55-20 is the tire original size,
. thanks in advance,

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I have a Nissan murano 2011 LE and I need to change the Tires, I feel the car is bumpy sometimes on paved roads. I drive on roads and unpaved roads, I am looking to get a michelin tires, and I was wondering if anyone can give me an advice of how wide should I buy the tires, since I am looking to have a better grip on the road, can anyone give me a tire size I can buy knowing 235/55-20 is the tire original size,
. thanks in advance,
Consider, 255/50/R20

·
Registered
222 Posts
+ 1
If you want wider tires, it's a good choice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
where can I find pictures of what the murano looks like on a wider tire like the 255 or 265? My murano is the stock 235/65/R18 but I want to go wider and want to see what it looks like...any recommendations?

101 - 120 of 127 Posts