Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Murano has everything but a navigation system.
I was wondering if anyone was able to replace their current stock stereo with a stereo that includes the slide out navigation system?

I looked at the Pioneer tonight but their is no ready made "kit" to make it fit where the Bose will be removed from.

I really want to replace the Bose and use the slide out nav feature rather than try to find a new place to mount it.

Any suggestions before I go custom?

Thanks

My Murano:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I am one of the few that have replaced my system with an aftermarket Stereo and NAV. There is no way currently, that we know of at least, to replace the Bose system due to the design. There is a circuit board behind what looks like a head unit. There are several discussions in regards to this under the NAV and Audio sections if you are curious how people have worked around this.

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2053

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1927

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2903

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Garmin

Thanks. After further internet review I've found there is no easy solution to replacing the Bose. Looks like I'll go with the Garmin StreetPilot 2620 unless a solution happens beforehand.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Simplesb

simplesb said:
I am one of the few that have replaced my system with an aftermarket Stereo and NAV. There is no way currently, that we know of at least, to replace the Bose system due to the design. There is a circuit board behind what looks like a head unit...
I think you removed the Bose system in addition to moving the housing down to accomodate the aftermarket setup but was it possible to just move the housing down and not remove the Bose and still have enough room to put in the new setup?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
VCommand eliminates the need for a screen and therefor eliminates installation problems and road viewing distractions. Grip :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Regretfully yes I had to remove the stock deck, because the Alpine could not fit with the other deck in there. I was hoping I could keep the CD changer, but with the DVD player and the fact that it reads MP3's I can fit more music on a DVD then I ever could on 6 standard CD's.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Can you post a picture of the after market nav/dvd set up?

I have a Canadian SL AWD, which doesn't offer nav.

How much did you pay if you don;t mind me asking.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have pictures posted in my gallery section and within the posts I've linked above. The deck along with the nav cost roughly around $3000, $1500 each basically. Of course you could get a cheaper deck now, I just happen to have wanted the newest Alpine at the time with touchscreen, even though Pioneer already had one. I went with Alpine becausethe software had more POI's then Pioneer, but I think Pioneer has caught up, not sure though.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I have same grill, You can buy it at the dealer if you want or go to www.american-truck-auto.com/ billet/billet_grilles_nissan.shtml - 33k -
It called the Stainless Steel Perimiter (SP)
GRIP :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts