Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How and the H*ll do you change the bulbs in the headlight ? I'm not talking about th HID's... Does the front piece detach by those clips? Has anyone done this that can help... TANKS

·
Registered
416 Posts
Normal halogen bulb replacement quite easy...from under the hood ; driver's side...remove top portion air cleaner box(2 or 3 clips)..reach down to back of bulb holder...twist white nylon retaining clip counterclockwise...pull out bulb..tip:wear a thin(surgical type glove... you will be touching the halogen bulb)...passenger side...remove coolant overflow tank(2 10mm bolts)....repeat...installing requires some patience as you reinstall by feel rather than by sight...

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
It is much easier to change all the headlight bulbs by removing inner fender shield. I know you have to remove the wheel, but once you do it that way you will see what I am talking about.

·
Registered
263 Posts
More dealers today require for you to take you car down for small thing like replacing bulbs...Sucks!

Yes, so they can jack you up.
Guess what...I have replaced my headlight bulb by myself.

1. Open the hood and stick your hands behind the headlight assembly.

2. You can feels the white round plastic clip, which you can turn half way around tp pop open the light assembly.

3. Carefully look inside the bulb assembly and you will see one plastic part locking the bulb ( use flat head screw driver to push the plastic clip out from hole; easier this way)

4. Pop in the new bulb and repeat backwards.

* MAKE SURE YOU WEAR RUBBER GLOVE AT ALL TIME NOT TO TOUCH THE BULB WITH YOUR BAREHANDS. TAKE YOUR TIME TO DO IT, SO YOU DO NOT DAMEGE ANY PARTS.

Nizmo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts