Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I started replacing my driver's door handle (04 Murano) and some how lost the screw that holds the handle frame to the door. It has a thin flat head (almost the size of a dime) and is under a plastic cover at the small end of the door handle. If anyone knows where to get one, or even has one laying around would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S.- Will gladly pay for bolt and shipping.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
That's a pain, but you can work without an exact fit. Pull the frame on the other side to get one as a sample, go to ACE hardware and match it.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
I'm not clear on that that means.

Is this a bolt or a screw? When I pulled the door panels on my 07, most of the fasteners where space was limited were screws.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not clear on that that means.

Is this a bolt or a screw? When I pulled the door panels on my 07, most of the fasteners where space was limited were screws.
It's a bolt, the one that is right under the left side of the door handle (it's flush with the outer door and screws into the door handle bracket). I looked online and I think what it's called is an elevator bolt, a thin flat-head.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Elevator bolt! Yes, I see - a quick Google search gives me the exact look.

Worst case, perhaps you could go to a Nissan dealer?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Elevator bolt! Yes, I see - a quick Google search gives me the exact look.

Worst case, perhaps you could go to a Nissan dealer?
My Nissan dealer was the first place I went and I would have to buy the whole inside bracket (no one is even sure if the bolt comes with it either). I'm still checking wreckers but Muranos hardly come in, lol.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Evidently those elevator bolts were designed to hold together canvas conveyor belts in agricultural applications. No wonder they're often tapered.

If worst comes to worst, could you get a standard bolt, grind much of the head off and cut a slot across it with a Dremel tool? Might still be hard to get the head thin enough.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Evidently those elevator bolts were designed to hold together canvas conveyor belts in agricultural applications. No wonder they're often tapered.

If worst comes to worst, could you get a standard bolt, grind much of the head off and cut a slot across it with a Dremel tool? Might still be hard to get the head thin enough.
The only thing though is I don't think there is a standard bolt with a wide enough head on it.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
That means either a washer - or finding an unusual bolt.

Or maybe using an elevator bolt and running a die over it to make it the right diameter?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts