Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bringing up an old topic that I have read about from numerous posts and some even with detailed pictures. However, still need more help.

I am in the process of replacing the parking light and the fog light bulbs with higher temperature colors (both HOEN bulbs).

I got the parking light bulbs in using esemes' instructions. I found those to be the easiest for me. I know that I could also do the driver side fog lamps with ease.

BUT I just don't see how I would be able to get to the passenger side fogs with breaking something. I don't care about my arm, but I do care about the MO.

I have read that some of you were able to work out a system to change this fog lamp (like GripperDon, Kris, esemes to name a few.) So I was wondering if someone could post your secrets to this process.

once again, I am able to get in and see the big tank blocking everything. I don't care about physical harm... I am just hoping to learn the best system to do it with hurting the MO. THANX!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I changed my fog lights to silverstar bulbs and I found it easiest to remove the entire fog light from the vehicle on the passenger side, then replace the bulb.
There is only one 10mm bolt on the top of the lens assembly that can be reached easily with a socket. Once removed, the whole thing slides right out the front.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
update

here is an update on what I did and hopefully it could help other 'mechanically-challenged' folks like myself... :D

The easiest way is to remove the entire fog housing. I just don't see how my arm could bend in 'that' direction to get the bulb out behind the washer tank.

the tools that finally worked are 10mm socket, 6" extention, and one of those rachets that has the twisting handle.

There is enough room to reach behind the tank with a hand to align the socket and the housing bolt (on top of the housing). but not enough to turn a regular rachet. So with the twisting handle, I was able to loosen the housing bolt without actually moving the rachet.

Then just push the back of the housing until it pops out the front. it will take more effort for the first removal. then disconnect the harness. Then I had to loosen 2 screws on the back of the housing before I could twist the bulb for removal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts