Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to replace a stop light bulb (7443) and went to work on it. Service manual very limited in show what to do but enough.

Note: those who have replaced rear lights with LED ones can prob. comment.

Anyway, I removed the finisher, removed the two bolts, and pulled.

Crack... on the opposite side of the bolts are two plastic alignment pins? that cracked. Damn. Then I went knowing this to also replace the otherside for the heck of it. Armed with the location of these great plastic pins, I used my trim removal tool. Again crack.

Are these pins a one-time in factory connection or what!?

Anyone else get the rear light case off without breaking anything?

·
Registered
842 Posts
dmako
I just replaced my right rear brake light and I was luckily not to break the cover over the bolts. I used a standard flat screw driver with no problem. You are also right that the instructions from Nissan on how to change the bulb need to be improved.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
dmako said:
Anyway, I removed the finisher, removed the two bolts, and pulled.

Crack... on the opposite side of the bolts are two plastic alignment pins? that cracked. Damn. Then I went knowing this to also replace the otherside for the heck of it. Armed with the location of these great plastic pins, I used my trim removal tool. Again crack.
dmako-

After removing the bolts, did you pull the light assembly towards the rear or to the side? The service manual indicates you need to pull it towards the side of the vehicle.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pulled straight backwards i.e. towards the rear. Looking I would think that this would be the only way? as the plastic pins go straight in much like the bolts.

If that makes any sense.

The plastic pins when into white plastic connector in the body and I couldn't even pull the broken one out.

Put back together and it seems very tight, will put in some heavy-duty exterior velcro to secure further and ease next visit.

PS finisher is fine.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey Guys

Looking for some help here. Finally lost a brake light and am looking to replace it but I don't have the service manual and I'm not a mechanic.

How do you get the lens "cover" off in the first place? What's after that? Any and all help for this not-so-mechanically-inclined type would be mucho appreciated.

Thanx

·
Registered
176 Posts
"Remove rear combination lamp finisher." How? I'm guessing that I'd just pry it off, but I don't know and I definitely don't want to break it -- the nearest dealer is 1.5 hours away!

Apologies for asking for some spoon-feeding, but I'm really inexperienced with this sort of thing. I'm used to seeing the torx screws -- take them out and the whole assembly comes out in your hand. But this "finisher" thing -- no idea. :confused:

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
I broke those little pins too. I don't think they do much, haven't had any problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts