Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Copper 2006 Murano.

I had thought of replcing the orange screen with a color screen but I will loose it's functions.

The other option is to replace the Bose audio system with a touch screen 2 Din system so that I can upgrade to 5.1 audio, video, navigation and reverse camera without loosing functionality.

I intend to use Alpine IVA-W200 head unit in the slot occupied by the Bose unit.

Has anyone out there done something like this? Any pitfalls that I should be aware? I need help.!!!

Tey

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have had my centre consol out but I never removed the head unit. I am sure there are brackets there though so a new head unit should bolt straight in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ah...great! That opens a whole new world of possibilities! Er...but I am confused. Which is the one we use in that list? The CAN one? How much is one of this anyway?

·
Registered
22 Posts
just have a look at the site, the link i provided was for the alpine units.. i believe they make other ones for jvc etc

mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
After looking at your link further, it seems that they have a module for most major brands. So this is good. Only question is do we need the additional CAN module to interface with either the ALP or PS module. I read from another thread that the MO uses the CAN bus so I am not sure if this means we need the CAN module. Any ideas?

·
Registered
22 Posts
not sure on that one, looking at the application guide for the the alpine version it says its compatible with all year models of the murano's ... no idea if you need that CAN module.. maybe would be worth dropping them an email

·
Registered
101 Posts
Don't think you need th CAN module. It is for factory HU that use CAN Bus. It you use after market, choose the unit that can control your brand of HU. Or use the IR version (SWI-X) if you HU come with IR remote control. SWI-X is a universal IR learner but need to ensure the the freq. meet SWI-X.

I installed SWI-X to control my local fitted GPS LCD. Got rit of the IR remote. I used the customer SPST momentary push button.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
You need to check enough space to fit the push button switch. I use 20mm x 20 mm size square switch. Also need to ensure that your IR remote using 40kHz carrier frequency in order for Swi-x to learn your remote IR command. Check the PAC website for details.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That looks impressive man. What are the 4 buttons for? The GPS? How do you move the cursor about? It was DIY?

Man! We have got to meet up... :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
For the GPS LCD monitor only, to replace the LCD IR remote, i.e. LCD on/off, V1/ V2/VGA selection, LCD brightness & screen size. Not the GPS input function remote. Glonass has come up with a better the GPS input remote, RC-02, to replace RC-01:
http://www.glonassnavstar.com/

·
Registered
252 Posts
sgpmo said:
Don't think you need th CAN module. It is for factory HU that use CAN Bus. It you use after market, choose the unit that can control your brand of HU. Or use the IR version (SWI-X) if you HU come with IR remote control. SWI-X is a universal IR learner but need to ensure the the freq. meet SWI-X.

I installed SWI-X to control my local fitted GPS LCD. Got rit of the IR remote. I used the customer SPST momentary push button.
yeah what are the M O B V buttons for? Interesting also how your 4WD button says power and snow. Ours say 4WD lock

·
Registered
101 Posts
The 4-push button is for SWI-x to control the local fitted GPS LCD: O - on/off, V - toggle for V1, V1, B - brightness, M - screen size (4:3/16:9).

The local agent bring in 2 ver. of MO: 2.5 (2WD), 3.5 V6 (AWD). My MO is 2.5 with QR25DE engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I opened the consol and found that the Bose HU consists of 2 sections. Looks OK to remove.

However I have a concern. the orange screen cable is connected to wires leading on to the top of the HU. Anyone have any ideas where it leads to or have a circuit diagram?

My Murano does not have the outside temp. option. Is it possible to install one using the original part?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts