Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did just one 2003 Murano for while ago for testing.
It gained quite bit of torque and power but we are holding to release this ,
because of the transmission issue.
It just too much for it.

Sales
Technosquare, Inc.
(Japanese ECU co.)

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,436 Posts
I got the same response. However I just emailed them asking if they would sell me one anyway, and they said the following:

If your ecu has same code (software) as our test vehicle, we can sell you one.
Do you want to send your ECU in?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tyler,
Keep me informed! Send me a PM when ever you get a price .

·
4,648 Posts
Quick, find a wrecked Murano to get the ECU from!:2:

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,436 Posts
jaak said:
Quick, find a wrecked Murano to get the ECU from!:2:
There are very few Muranos in my area, I doubt there are any in the salvage yards.

Good idea though. I replied asking the cost and whether they could do it without me sending in my ECU (I really want to keep the original, just in case).

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. You can Google and find salvage yards around the country that would send you one. Just make sure they have a guarantee it won't be DOA!

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,436 Posts
You have to send yours in because of immobilizer.
The cost is $495.00 + shipping.
I'm guessing this means that the immobilizer info stored in the ECU is matched to some code somewhere else in the vehicle? This doesn't make a lot of sense to me, how else would the dealers be able to swap ECUs?

At least this is the lower of the two prices for VQ35DE engine ECUs. Some of them cost $100 more.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tyler,
Contact Grubbs Infiniti/Nissan in Texas. They seem to have the best working knowledge and have been helpful in the past. There's a link to them somewhere in this forum if you can't Google them.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,436 Posts
I did some research and it seems the Murano uses a newer version of the immobilizer system. Which is to say, if all keys are lost (or the ECU is swapped), the vehicle needs to be taken to a dealer to be reprogrammed. So I would have a non-functional Murano sitting in my garage which would have to be towed in so they could reprogram my keys into the ECU.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Tyler_Canada said:
I did some research and it seems the Murano uses a newer version of the immobilizer system. Which is to say, if all keys are lost (or the ECU is swapped), the vehicle needs to be taken to a dealer to be reprogrammed. So I would have a non-functional Murano sitting in my garage which would have to be towed in so they could reprogram my keys into the ECU.
If it is like other immobilizer systems, it has to communicate between the ECM, Cluster and Immobilizer to verify the VIN.

The dealership has to enter the VIN into a replacement ECM.

I believe you could have the VIN changed in an ECM by the dealer for an hour's labor charge.

It may be worth checking into.

We ran into this in the PT Cruiser GT when updating the PCM to a Stage I performance PCU from Mopar Performance. The main reason they had to sell you a completely new PCM was so the VIN could be programmed in before shipping. This also eliminated the chance of a dealership getting the software routines used in the performance PCM and being able to flash an otherwise stock PCM with the new performance "Calibration" .

Performance enhancements are getting more associated with IP addresses on the network than with nuts and bolts installations.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,436 Posts
Ahh, thanks for the clarification. That makes sense.

·
4,648 Posts
So you get another ECU, drive to the dealer, have an oil change done, go out and swap the ECU's, then walk back in and ask why your Murano won't start.

I wonder if there's a way to dump the contents of the flash memory so there's no record of anything in it. Hopefully, they'd just reflash it for you.

Of course, I'm just joking....:p

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,436 Posts
I read on another forum (about Zs or G35s) that the dealers can check whether an ECU has been flashed, so you might not get away with that. Especially if it took them a few hours to figure it out. :)

Sometime in May or June I'll probably just send in my ECU and rent a vehicle for the time it's gone.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like a GOOD idea! Or, just make friends w/ your Service Mgr.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,436 Posts
Ok, I just did some research, and I REALLY want this ECU now. Check out the new post I'm putting up entitled "Why You Might Not Want an Intake".

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tyler,
Where did you find the info?

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,436 Posts
grfg8r said:
Tyler,
Where did you find the info?
I found it on a bulletin board somewhere when I did a google on the technosquare ecus.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts