Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick Question:

I have to get a new intelligent key and was wondering if there is another method for programming it's compatibility with our MO instead of going to the dealer who quoted one hour of labor?

Thanks in advance!
 

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
Joined
·
4,994 Posts
I bought a spare Smart Key and so did Gym Kid

I was never able to programme it myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
982 Posts
Like Grip... I wasn't able to program it myself. I brought it to a dealer and they wanted about $90 to program it if I remember correctly. :3:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TheGymKid said:
Like Grip... I wasn't able to program it myself. I brought it to a dealer and they wanted about $90 to program it if I remember correctly. :3:
Yep - that's about what it is going to cost. It's probably a security issue, but I would love go be able to progam this function myself.

oh well!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
i'm curious, how much is a replacement intelligent key? does the programming cost include cutting the metal key as well?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
982 Posts
maximus96 said:
i'm curious, how much is a replacement intelligent key? does the programming cost include cutting the metal key as well?
I'm not 100% sure, but when I picked up my Murano I asked and I think the response was about $250.00... cut and programmed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
TheGymKid said:


I'm not 100% sure, but when I picked up my Murano I asked and I think the response was about $250.00... cut and programmed.
holy hell! i better not lose mine. OT but anybody know how to change the battery on the intelligent key? there's no obvious battery cover like my maxima remote.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
maximus96 said:


holy hell! i better not lose mine. OT but anybody know how to change the battery on the intelligent key? there's no obvious battery cover like my maxima remote.
maximus96-

Read the Owner's Manual. You'd be amazed what you'll find.

-njjoe
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
haha yes, yes i should. i've been trying to reading a bit at a time at night as bedtime reading...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maximus96 said:
i'm curious, how much is a replacement intelligent key? does the programming cost include cutting the metal key as well?
We paid $90.00 for the key itself and then were quoted an hour of labor for reprogramming bringing it to a grand total of $180.00 out here in ABQ.:confused: ouch!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
982 Posts
Has to be some cheaper way to get a Intelligent key programed.

This one I bought off ebay is just sitting here useless because I don't want to pay over $100 from the dealer to just program it. I really think that is a rip off. Nissan service is nothing but a headache to me.
 

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
Joined
·
4,994 Posts
I sweet talked my Service rep into letting me talk

TheGymKid said:
Has to be some cheaper way to get a Intelligent key programed.

This one I bought off ebay is just sitting here useless because I don't want to pay over $100 from the dealer to just program it. I really think that is a rip off. Nissan service is nothing but a headache to me.
with the key programmer and A box of Donuts did the trick. SOOOOOOOO I sold the car and didn't get to use it. :(
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top