Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow MO enthusiasts,

I am about to purchase a 6 sensor parking system color coded to the car that will require an electrical connection to a hot wire through the key in the on position and another connection into the hot lead for the reverse lights. The hot through the key switch is required for the 2 front sensors and the reverse hot tap is needed for the 4 rear sensors.
I don't like to re-invent the wheel if I can help it so I am asking for some insight.
The "brain" of the system that requires the connections, will be located in the cargo area in one of the side storage boxes under the mat and then a wire runs to the dash where the color VDC panel is located that indicates distance, front or back, left or right, audible alarm etc.
Does anybody know where is the closest loacation in the cargo compartment of a hot wire that goes through the ignition switch and one for the reverse lights is?
Where is the harness that feeds the reverese lights in the rear hatch ? Does it run up in the rear somewhere where I can tap the wires ?
Does anybody have a wire diagram with the colors of the wires to look for and where to tap in ?
Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Marius
2004 Glacier Pearl White SL AWD

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
You need a service manual if you are going to undertake wiring.
Where did you get the unit that has both front and rear sensors? Make/model/source/price please.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
mariusg-

This link will take you to the thread that discusses the installation of rear sensors. http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1363

You might also want to check with MO dale. He installed rear sensors on his MO last year and posted several very good pics.

ekaxel is right. Purchasing a copy of the Service Manual could make your job a bit easier.

Good Luck.

-njjoe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts