Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the standard display (for radio/heating etc) is now a color unit supplied on all 2006 Muranos.
Has anyone looked at the possibility of upgrading the mono unit to color?
Wasn't sure if there were firmware/software changes necessary for this to happen.

Thanks ! :)

·
4,601 Posts
I'm sure there's a ton of us thinking it...

First, I think we need to see the latest service manual, when it comes out for the '06, as that should answer many questions.

The existing display and controller are one unit. Data is sent to it, and it knows how to get it displayed. I forget how many data connections there are, but one of them is the CAN bus, so this may be a good sign.

If the new display is the same as the old Nav, then it might be identical, except with a different version of the same controller.

This creates an issue with the wiring harness, as they are also different between the two. Can't exactly go to the nearest Radio Shack and buy the connectors.

So it may mean a lot of hassle to update the display...

The other thing they may have done is a new version of the display that has the controller on the back, like the existing monochrome one. If that's the case, it may mean just buying it and plugging it in. (Please!)

I hope they still retain the Channel, Artist and Title capability....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Being pessimistic, when does a car maker ever make anything that easy? I hope I'm wrong though, because that would be a worthwhile mod.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wishing too !

I won't hold my breath...but I will cross my fingers !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts