Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a huge peace of metal sticking out of my tire this morning. I took Mo to the nearest tire shop to patch it. When the tech took the wheel apart he shows me that the very thin layer of the rubber inside the tire is peeling of. He said it is dangerous to drive like that because the tire might explode. He was trying to sell me new Eagle LS for $235 (what a jerk) of course I refuse to buy that and I had my tire fixed for $20. Now I want to use the warranty I bought. Road Hazard Protection; how exactly it works? Should I go to any dealer and ask them to replace it? Should I call Nissan first? Please guide me to the right direction.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think your nearest Goodyear Dealer is the place to go.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. So you are saying that I should go Goodyears dealer show them the tire and they will replaced for the new one. How they can check if I have paid for the RHP plan or this is not even necessary?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Who did you get

the road hazard warranty from?

Did you buy it before this happened?

Have you been to where you bought the road hazard warranty ?

You should have a receipt and a contract that describes the warrant, I do on mine?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Murano_driver said:
...The tech took the wheel apart he shows me that the very thin layer of the rubber inside the tire is peeling of. He said it is dangerous to drive like that because the tire might explode.
I'm wondering... is there really a defect? You know on new tires there are bits of rubber still on the tire from manufacturing... I wounder if this "thin layer" is something like that.

I wonder what Goodyear will say.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I'm with Grip on this one. A separate Road Hazard Protection warranty should tell you in the paperwork what to do if you need to make a claim. Did you buy it from your dealership or the tire dealer?

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eric L. said:
I'm with Grip on this one. A separate Road Hazard Protection warranty should tell you in the paperwork what to do if you need to make a claim. Did you buy it from your dealership or the tire dealer?
I bought it from the dealer when buying my Mo. Now when you remind me, I remember that I should have a peace of paper with all the info on it. I got to check when I get back home. Thanks.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Road Hazard Protection- plz help!

Gonzo said:

I'm wondering... is there really a defect? You know on new tires there are bits of rubber still on the tire from manufacturing... I wounder if this "thin layer" is something like that.

I wonder what Goodyear will say.
I am not an expert, but as far as I can tell it does not look right. Basally, this thin layer of rubber is covering everything inside the tire. And in the spot when two sides goes together it’s peeling off. It seems like the glue they used does not hold very well. By the way, I am not sure if that happened because I drove 3 blocks on the flat tire ( i was going like .5 MPH).

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Huge piece of metal sticking out of the tire!!

That and driving 3 blocks on a flat tire, that tire is gonners.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Huge piece of metal sticking out of the tire!!

GripperDon said:
That and driving 3 blocks on a flat tire, that tire is gonners.
Well they all are. :D I was thinking to get Toyos…

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I spent almost 4 hours on the phone today listening stupid message “Please hold for assistance, dial you party extension now” repeating over and over every 2 seconds. I found the paper in my car documents. I have “Roadside/Road Hazard Tire & Wheel Protection” it is 3 year Titanium Program. I was trying to reach the CSR but it seems like they put the fake phone on the service agreement. If somebody wants to try here is the number 888-684-9327. I also tried their web site www.nationsafe.com to file the claim online. Here is the catch, to file a claim you have to get the approval from the claim department and you can not change the tire before that, but on the online form there are a fields to fill up such as tire dealer info, new tire size, price etc. It sounds like “come here, but stay there”. I am not sure how much did I paid for this, but it is a total waste of money. I will try to go to Goodyear dealer may be they will be able to get something for me….

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Murano_driver said:
I spent almost 4 hours on the phone today listening stupid message “Please hold for assistance, dial you party extension now” repeating over and over every 2 seconds. I found the paper in my car documents. I have “Roadside/Road Hazard Tire & Wheel Protection” it is 3 year Titanium Program. I was trying to reach the CSR but it seems like they put the fake phone on the service agreement. If somebody wants to try here is the number 888-684-9327. I also tried their web site www.nationsafe.com to file the claim online. Here is the catch, to file a claim you have to get the approval from the claim department and you can not change the tire before that, but on the online form there are a fields to fill up such as tire dealer info, new tire size, price etc. It sounds like “come here, but stay there”. I am not sure how much did I paid for this, but it is a total waste of money. I will try to go to Goodyear dealer may be they will be able to get something for me….
Sorry to hear that. I did think it was shady that your dealer would sell you a 3rd party warranty. I hope you find resolution in your matter, else report both the dealer and warranty company to the Better Business Bureau.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts