Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, I have not had any satisfaction from my dealership with my problem. There is Excessive road noise and vibrations that are felt through my tires that is heard from the inside of my car. I do not know if the good years that are on are just a cheap brand of tire that need to be replaced or what. They want to give my a front end alignment but the car tracks true so what they are after i dont have a clue. If any one has this problem please let me know so that I know that i'm not the only one with this problem. If tires are bad what is a good quality tire for my murano that handles well and has low road noise.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hello Zap,

Could you be a little more precise? Do you feel the vibration in the steering or from your butt? Vibration is usually a sign of a wrongly balanced wheel. If it comes from the steering, it is one of the front wheels. From the butt, it is from the rear.

What kind of noise?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should clarify my last statement. I hear all the road noise in the interior compartment that I feel is coming thru the tires. There is no vibration or shimmy in the steering wheel or any excessive vibration in my butt as I drive. Just an obnoxious road noise that feels like my tires are flat. I hope that is alittle more clearer. the dealership is not acknowledging the obvious noise either!

·
Registered
746 Posts
It could be one bad tire because my Goodyears are very quiet. It is probably their best (an only!) quality for that matter. Can you spot a side from where the noise is louder?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I just ordered 50sq.ft. of B-Quite Supreme (Dyna-Mats competor) and will be installing it in the MO. Does anyone have experience with this. Advice would be appreciated. I an going to start with the trunk area, folowed by the from passenger floors and then go until the material is gone. GRIP :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gripper Dan, Your putting in vibration and sound proof padding does this mean your also experiencing the loud road noise? I do not have any vibration or pulling or any mechanical noise. I just have loud noise being transmitted to the interior of the car. But I guess I must be the only one that has this noise problem. I'm going to replace tires with Michelin and hope the noise subsides orelse i'm going to SELL this MO. Thank God my wife drives this car on daily basis it would drive me crazy hearing that noise all the time. If anyone has experience with quiet road absorbing tires please let me know. thanks

·
5,100 Posts
No excessive noise.. A lot of our roads down here are the rubberized roads and its hard to believe the difference from concrete. But the reason I am doing it is to increase the quietness ( guess that is a positive statement?) so I can enjoy the Music even more. I am hoping I can maximize the enjoyment of the MO. I once had a Mercedes that had "thermo-pane" windows and fantastic sound deading and I really liked it. Finally I enjoy the feeling of being separated from the traffic and being ensconced in my MO. Funny as i also enjoy the top being down on the SLK. There are a number of sources on the web regarding tread design that are low noice, you might wnat to Google some befor you select the next tire. GRIP :D

·
5,100 Posts
Anybody put in internal sound deading. I got mine today and the cold is better so I am going to get started on Monday any thoughts? GRIP :D

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
GripperDon said:
Anybody put in internal sound deadingI got mine today and the cold is better so i am going to get started on Monday any thoughts? GRIP :D
Do it on the 05!

·
5,100 Posts
I like your Style!, Well I decided I would really like to do it. Now I've got to go and have a little discussion with the "Grippee". Think I'll wait till after dinner and she has had a glass of wine. Wish me luck. Grip :D

·
5,100 Posts
The pad under the floor mats on in the front must be close to 1 inch thick, as I found out adding some B-Quite there, I did add it to the front where the firewall comes downs and the the carpet rests on it. I am going to have a bunchleft ofer So If anone want some it will be 1/2 waht Ipaid andI'll send it UPPS. I know how much is that? , Well I got to look it up. It was about 40% less than Dynamatt. JUst wanted to provide a heads up I have enough left over to do a full MO. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts