Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rocking Chair???

Whats with this rocking chair? I test drove one for a few hours and while I could put up with it, it makes the whole vehicle seam somehow cheap. I have a 98 Maxima with Power seats and it doesn't do this. I’ve driven just about every car Nissan makes and have never experienced this problem in any other vehicle.

·
4,664 Posts
Mine seems to do this in some positions, but not normally.

I would think there's an adjustment to be made. My 2000 Maxima didn't do it either.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Seat rocking

I have the same rocking motion on my Murano and had it on the G35 I owned for a short period of time. Tomorrow, I have an appointment to have it looked at per Nissan USA. I complained about that and a few other items. Will let you know how it worked out for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Imagine...

I was told that the seat rocking motion was obvious and then the dealer went and looked at the other "one" they had on the lot...it did the same thing. So their response: "this is normal and meets manufacturers specifications." F*&^*ing idiots. :evil:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bet you'd like to just punch them in the face!

Keep in mind that the folks at dealerships usually aren't brain surgeons, but the fact that the aren't intelligent enough to figure out that no car seat should rock or move in anyway unless you're actually moving it has to be infuriating!

I'll share with you my experience. I'm having my whole center console replaced. The only way to close the console compartment lid is to slam it multiple times until it catches. I took it to the dealer for them to adjust it and when they told me it was ready, I asked them what they did. They said they slammed it. DUH! I asked them if they thought it was normal to have to slam it repeatedly to get it to latch. Of course the service goons just looked perplexed. I had to call Nissan Customer Service and my salesperson to get them to order a new console. Morrons!

BTW, my seat does not move or rock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has any dealer given an explanation of what is going on with the "rocking chair?" Very occasionally, I also feel a slight movement in the driver's seat. I have not taken to the dealer because I cannot duplicate the problem. I have tried shaking the seat and rocking it while sitting in it and I cannot get it to move. However, I have felt an occasional shift.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i have found when accelerating hard, i will tend to push deep into the plush back of my seat, this makes me feel like the chair is giving a little, so i will often adjust the seatback further up, and then when stop accelerating, i will feel too far foreward.
my girlfriend does not experience this when driving the murano, but then again i am a lot bigger and heavier than her.

not really a problem, just thought i would mention it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good thing I checked here :), I have the exact same problem with this rocking chair, very annoying. I was going to bring it over to get it fixed but it looks like I might be wasting my time but I'll try anyway and let you know what happens. If I play with seat positions I can sometime get rid of it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been avoiding going to the dealer to be told they "cannot duplicate the problem." Lately though it has been shifting enough that I can duplicate the annoyance almost anytime I want. I seems to me that the problem is somewhere in the front portion of the seat. I don't know if it is not bolted on properly or whether it is something with the connection of the seat - to the leather - to the plastic skirt around the base.

Has anyone taken their M-o in for servicing on this? Has any dealer acknowledged what the problem is?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello.

I have the same "rocking chair" issue in my two week old MO. I just brought it into the dealer today... and without hesitation they acknowledged the problem and ordered a glide rail part for it. Should be all fixed early next week.

Good warranty experience for me : )

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi ChuckB and ivnurse,

The dealer assessed the problem and ordered the parts themselves (Brasso Nissan - their way better than the Ford dealer I had to always fight with when I had my HarleyDavidson F-150) When the parts come in next week and the chair fixed… I’ll send another update to let you know how they did.

We paid for these vehicles and they weren’t cheep… If your chair is loose or is rocking, you shouldn’t hesitate to get the dealer to fix it.

Your the customer : )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rocking Chair dealership visit report

After several creaks and noises comming from my drivers seat I decided to take it to the dealership for repair. They worked on it for almost 2 hours, taking the seat out, putting it back in. Then I noticed the tech walking around the lot and opening doors to other Muranos. Their final response was that indeed the drivers seat was slightly loose but it is a normal characteristic for the vehicle. I checked some others on the lot. Some were loose, others were solid. It seems a spotty way to engineer a power seat. Oh well, what do ya do?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Merged the thread Jeff to keep em all together.

If it were me, I would call NNA and file a complaint. Others have gotten theirs fixed. The dealer was not able to satisfy your concern...aka call NNA.

This isn't the only vehicle, Nissan or otherwise, to have this problem. It is :bsflag: . It's the little things like that ... that make the car feel solid, and just plain good quality. The cars sent to the reviewers must not have had this problem...unless I missed something. It's not something major IE you don't nuke the lawn for a couple weeds, but you go pull the weeds.

Now if the tech found that many, then Nissan should have a TSB for it.

As it is, others complained of this about the non-powered seats in the Z (mostly) but both my Z and MO are solid. And I'm a heavy guy. If you do call NNA, let us know what happens.

1-800-NISSAN1 - page 4 of operators manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rocking Chair

About 1.5 weeks ago, I asked the dealership to look at my seat (for it too was rocking) and sure enough they said that they had to replace the track and something else. They had to order the parts and haven't come in as of yet. I will post what parts they replaced once the repair is made. Repair covered under warrenty, good thing because bill was going to be over $1100.00

1 - 16 of 16 Posts