Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting the cross bars for my Murano... Does anyone else have these? How are they? Are they adjustable, easy to install, compatable w/ bike and ski systems?? Also, does the front bar interfere with moonroof? Thanks.:4:

·
Registered
842 Posts
NYMO said:
I'm thinking of getting the cross bars for my Murano... Does anyone else have these? How are they? Are they adjustable, easy to install, compatable w/ bike and ski systems?? Also, does the front bar interfere with moonroof? Thanks.:4:
If you put in cross bars on the search engine (upper right hand corner of this page, it will take you to a few hits on this subject.

My Cross bars are OEM from Nissan Canada and they do not interfer with the operation of the moon roof and do have a slight wind noise that can be eliminated by closing the moon roof cover.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Cross bars

I have OEM Crossbars for the US model. They are not adjustible. In order to install them you have to know how to use a screwdriver. If you do -- you are all set. They come with 8 bolts and some spacers to put between the crossbar and the roof rail. The spacers are of different thickness, so you need to play with how many you want to put on each side to make a tight fit.

In terms of accessories, OEM crossbars are compatible with 9V Yakima Mighty Mounts that can be used to attach something like a BigPowerhound for skis and snowboards. You could also try to attach a bike tray, but (and this is my personal view on this subject) the bike on top will look odd, not to mention it will take some skill to get it up there. I put mine inside. Unless you are an avid biker, than you should install one on the roof.

Your other alternative is Yakima Low Rider and 58" crossbars (round), to which a full gammet of accessories from Yakima is available. I like Yakima, and not familiar with Thule, but I am sure that Thule has the same setup. If you go to a store like REI or similar, or go to the respective websites for Thule and Yakima and do the search for your MO, you will find all of the necessary details.

Best of luck, and keep on MOing :2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts