Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Murano SL with factory crossbar. They are VERY noisy with the wind. How to confirm they are correctly mounted?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Javy,

I just removed mine (2019 SL). I won't ever use them and they collected to many bugs. Mine come with a plastic bag with the covers if you ever removed them. They really only fit one way. A allen wrench comes with the kit. They bolt down thru a recession. The bolt that held them down was tight enough to where i had to use an air wrench to remove them, then snap in the covers that come with the kit once the crossbars are removed. I guess see if you can wiggle the cross bars to see if they are tight, or use the supplied allen wrench to make sure the bolt is tight. One bolt per crossbar side, of course four bolts total.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did not get manufacturer roof racks but installed yakima round bar racks which work great. However, I initially had horrible wind noise from the lead bar. I spiral ( 2 inch spacing) wrapped the bar with 5mm nylon cord problem solved! Might work for your noise problem.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I did not get manufacturer roof racks but installed yakima round bar racks which work great. However, I initially had horrible wind noise from the lead bar. I spiral ( 2 inch spacing) wrapped the bar with 5mm nylon cord problem solved! Might work for your noise problem.
Can you provide a photo of what it looks like?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can you provide a photo of what it looks like?
Sure! Note the racks are off the car for the Winter.

The spacing is more like 4 inches. Also note how the nylon cordage is wrapped and lock wedged at the ends and is not tied to the rack with knots other than the lock knots at the end of the cords. I suspect 2mm or 3mm cord would work. Its all about dirupting the harmonic vortex on the bar.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Thanks!

It's amazing what a little bit of disrupting the air flow can accomplish!

Reactions: Pilgrim
1 - 8 of 8 Posts