Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience installing these roof rails by Perrycraft: DynaSport Roof Rails

I tried to order some genuine rails from the local Nissan dealer, and after some mix-ups ffinally got an answer that they are not available, as the internal supporting structure is fitted in the factory for the Ti model only and is not able to be retro-fitted. I have read the various threads on roof rails here, and have come to the conclusion that they may be correct - but that is pretty dumb of Nissan. I like the look of the rails and would like to add them to my car.

Anyway, I am interested in experiences with the after-market rails, in terms of appearance and ease of fitting, etc. The price seems good, so I would consider shipping them to Aust. as nobody else seems to have any available here.

Any comments welcome either way...

Tom
--

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
tomn said:
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience installing these roof rails by Perrycraft: DynaSport Roof Rails --
Tom,

If you do a search in the gallery you will see photos by moshow of an aftermarket roof rack that looks very similar to the DynaSport. moshow may be able to give you some insight on the installation.

Good Luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
23 Posts
dynasport roof rails

Hi Tom,

Dynasport Roof Rails:
I installed these rails myself, took me about an hour. You do have to drill about 4 holes for each rail, so be sure first. I recommend getting the side rails separately with out the dynasport crossbars. This way you can mount the side rails at any desired width to obtain the best look, i.e. closest to the stock rail location. Perrycraft recommends the DSxx55 which is 55" length. They have a DSxx65 that may be able to fit your roof, check it out, take some measurements.

Crossbars:
The package I got came with the crossbars with a load limit of 75lbs. I modified them so I can remove/replace them if I just want to roll with the side rails. I cut a small notch in the roof rail so they can slide out, otherwise, once you install them with the side rails, they are on for good. I ordered the anodized black, but the paint coat was thin so I applied another coat of semi-gloss auto-grade black, you may consider painting another color?

For a greater load capacity up to 165lbs, and to compliment your dynasport roof rails, get a pair of Yakima or Thule crossbars that can be custom fit to the width of the above roof rails:
See this link: http://www.prolineracks.com/roof-rack-railing-crossbars.html

Also, the strength I feel is adequate(good for a few pairs of skis), as long as you drill good holes and use appropriate torque on the rubber coated sheet metal screws, not overtightened or stripped. I checked with a local rack installer, they have a special anchor bolt that goes in the hole and expands inside as its tightened, thus ensuring a better hold. This may be good considering the weight of the load. Check it out, it may be worth having a local shop install the rails for you.

I've had them on for over a year now and they held up as new. Overall, the dynasport rails are a good solution if you need to carry items on top of your car and to get the appearance of roof rails.

That's what I would have done if I could do it again. Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts