Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help on a question. Last week on the way to pick up a a new Mitsubishi Endeavor, I pulled into the Nissan dealer and got the SUV that I really wanted the Murano. Due to budget the one that I accepted delivery did not have whatever package that has the roof rails.
I have poked around and the dealer did not see them listed in the parts book??? Strange, what if you had them and one was damaged?
Anyway, did not have intensions of using them for anything but dressing the Mo.
Any ideas, suggestions or experience with the rails? Anyone else buy one without them?
Thanks Bob

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
bob1 said:
Any ideas, suggestions or experience with the rails? Anyone else buy one without them?
Welcome to the club Bob. I am the proud owner of a roof rail free MO. Unlike yourself, I actually looked for a MO without the rails. If you don't think you're gonna ever use them, do you really want to hunt down an aftermarket install? I remember reading somewhere (probably here) that the roof rails were only available as a factory installed feature. That could have changed for the '04s though. Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys on the feedback. Again the dealer said not listed as an available part. I said what if a MO with rails had damage as if something fell on it? Got a deer in the headlight look.
Anyway now have the MO for three weeks and the non-rail look has grown on me. Maybe I have been suffering from "rail envy!"
I found I'm not alone in a rail-less world as one MO owner e-mailed and said he went for the non rail look as it presented a sleeker more appealing look in his eyes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a reprint from member cochan posted 9-25-03.

All the roof rails (part of the Premium package) are installed directly in the Japan factory. You can purchase MO without Premium Package, thus w/o roof rails. But you can not add roof rails as a separate option when purchasing a MO without prem package.
We tried, our dealer said their shop won't install it because it requires drilling and thus might've warranty issues later on.. So we bought our MO with Prem package just because of the rool rail!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The sites above posted above by krpster and MVTCP do show that you can get them as after market if desired. Still makes you wonder about the warranty issue mentioned above.

I'll keep you posted.
Bob

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
OEM cross rails

Went to dealer to purchase the cross rails so could carry a ladder
to a rental property. Was very surprised, but very pleased, when parts told me that Nissan had stopped production of the current crossrail to redesign due to weight issues. Has been 2 mos. though, and the redesign still not available. Will be purchasing the Westins now that I found all these accessory sites. Thanks for the input!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts