Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not have the roof rails when I bought my Mo. I also found out that I was goin to have to move cross country 3 days after I bought the Mo. I now need a cartop carrier for the Mo to be able to tote all the junk my wife and I have accumilated. Question: Where can I find roof rails? If they are not available aftermarket (I have looked online and have only found roof racks) how much does the dealer charge for a pair? And how hard are they to install? Thanks for looking.

Rob

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
And THEN there are the cross bars.

Homer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gripper,

Yikes. Should of expected the cost heheh. From my earlier post the dealer still owes me 2500 so I will probably get them to install it and refund me the difference in cost. Thanks for the info.

Rob

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I am sure he has cross bars also. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yikes. Lesson learned: Make sure you get at least all the options you MIGHT need because adding them on afterwards can be a pain in the butt. Total parts for OEM roof rails not including labor is about 900 dollars. Hopefully after I download the service manual it will tell me the rubber inserts on my roof are easily replaced with roof rail inserts without any drilling. Here's to luck....

Rob

·
4,664 Posts
If it works out, it might be an idea to swap with someone who wants to get rid of their roof racks... I remember Tyler was looking into this at one point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Parts can be ordered. The bad part is that you have to drill holes into your roof. I was hoping that was not the case. Oh well. Goin another route. Getting a hitch installed to tote a trailer.

Laters
Rob

·
Registered
56 Posts
My dealer only had a few s models on the lot and I wanted to take advantage of the low financing. I nearly cried when I found out that adding a roof rack and a cargo cover would run well over $1000 when I could have gotten the convenience package for $700 more that included the 10 way driver seat. I did get the car for $300 under invoice which is pretty good here in St.Louis. Plus they gave me several thousand more for my Mazda6 than anyone else was willing to. I really wanted the roof rack for looks more than anything but my murano is really growing on me. I've gotten a lot of compliments. Still looks the same inside.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts