Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I've been doing mine every 10,000 miles as they have been wearing pretty even. Nissan call for less but if they are wearing OK then I wouldn't worry about it.

Pattern is simly front to back, back to front. I would not suggest any cross pattern.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Varouis fine folks on this site recommend that tires be rotated every 5000- 8500 miles. I personally rotate my tires front to back, but your manaul recommends that you cross the tires from left rear to right front and the right front to left rear. Always check your air pressure monthly or sooner to ensure proper tire air pressure.

You can set up your maintenance screen for a friendly reminder at certain miles. Its is a great tool that I recommend to everyone.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
The only issue that the tire rotation reminder only goes up to 7,500 miles which is what Nissan recommends.

Agreed.... check your tire pressure as the air temp changes throughout the year. I've found that a ~10°F = ~1 PSI change.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
the canadian murano's suggest having the tires rotated every 12k km's with a cross patter but the thing is CND models have the full sive spare so they reccomend a 5 tire rotation. if i recall correctly it's rears to the front, left front turns into the spare and the spare goes to right rear, right front goes to left rear. i dunno if nissan is trying to do a benefit for goodyear with having to replace all 5 tires at once instead of just 4 but i don't understand why we need a 5 tire rotation?

·
Registered
781 Posts
If you add another tire to the mix - in theory you'll get 1/5 more treadlife over rotating 4. I guess.

The other thing is it keeps people honest about checking the condition of the spare. Ever gone to change a flat only to find out the spare is flat too???

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
hmm good point. although i check the spare alot since i'm always trying to figure out how to put a bigger subwoofer under there haha. i guess the extension of tread life is a plus.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Hello. Has anyone tried taking their Murano to GOOD YEAR to see if they would rotate the tires for free? Also, is this the best way to rotate the tires? I got it from pepboys.com

Attachments

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I've never had good luck crossing during rotation (radial pull afterwards) I would simply suggest rotate front to back.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Gonzo said:
I've never had good luck crossing during rotation (radial pull afterwards) I would simply suggest rotate front to back.
Thanks Gonzo, that sounds good to me.

Do you do it yourself? Probably pretty easy to do front to back... or do you pay to have them done? Do I need to have them "balanced" when I rotate them??

- I called Good Year to see if they would rotate them for me... they said only if they were bought there.. which they weren't. They did say for $42.00 They would rotate and Balance them for the life of the tire.

- I also called STS Auto to see what they charge, they said $3.95 a tire for rotation or $12.95 for rotation and Balance.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The tires do not need to rebalanced when rotating them, although I suppose it doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Eric L. said:
The tires do not need to rebalanced when rotating them, although I suppose it doesn't hurt.
Thanks Eric, they I'll probably give it a try myself the first time... it will be good for me to try out the Jack anyhow.

·
5,244 Posts
TheGymKid

I do it with the FX. It takes me 30 min. Good excercise for me... ;)

The Murano gets royal treatmet at Butler Tire as I purchased tires from them so I get lifetime balance and rotation free of charge.

And as Eric mentioned you do not need to rebalance tires every rotation. Unless you feel vibrations....

·
Registered
420 Posts
Apparently all Goodyear stores are not the same. I took the Murano there when I had a bolt stuck in my tire. While I was waiting, I noticed a sign stating "Free Tire Rotation" (most vehicles). I asked them if my vehicle fell into the "most vehicles" category and they told me that it does. I haven't purchased any tires from them. I'm still driving on the original tires.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I used to rotate them myself... but it takes longer to do that than an oil change on the MO. I just bring it to a shop and I think it costs like $12. I only do it every 10K miles so its not that big of a deal.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
zebelkhan said:
The big question still remains:

Front to back - Back to front?

OR

Cross?
According to the owners manual (and FSM). Back to front (same side). Front to back (cross). QED!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Eric L. said:

According to the owners manual (and FSM). Back to front (same side). Front to back (cross). QED!
...and that is what my Goodyear dealer recommended be followed to minimize feathering.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Eric L. said:
No way you can do this in the garage with just the OEM jack unless you use the spare as a temp and and keep lifting one corner at a time and switching whhels until you get them all.

I think my new alluminum floor jack and jack stands (not to mention my air compressor and impact wrench) will come in handy to put the whole car up and rotate the wheels.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts